An enthusiastic learner and doer who believes in finding patterns through analysis can data be useful information that helps make better decisions and future predictions.
Acknowledged communication and problem-solving skills in different workplaces. Fluent in English and Mandarin.
Taipei City, Taiwan
- Data analysis & visualization
- Natural Language Processing
- Social media analytics
- Experiment design & statistics
- User experience
- Product analysis
OpenRefine, SPSS, MySQL, Tableau, Gephi, VosViewer, Microsoft 360
Python, R, SQL
July 2019 - Present
- Experienced in a complete data analysis process - using APIs to download bibliographic data from WoS (collection); pre-processing data as a research requires by OpenRefine/excel functions/Python/R (pre-processing); performing co-word/social network analysis by Gephi/VosViewer, performing text analysis by Python/R, analyzing data statically by SPSS (analysis); generating charts/graphs by excel or Tableau to help decision making (visualization).
- Teaching assistant for 3 courses - Information Retrieval; Knowledge Management; Social Network Analysis and Visualization.
- Communicate research information to associated individuals and parties.
- Assist in writing/preparing portions of grant applications.
September 2020 - Present
- Proofread manuscripts to identify grammatical and spelling errors; fact checking both contents and in-text citations/references to ensure the academic writings follow APA formats.
- Update and maintain contents on the journal website.
July 2018 - August 2018
- Conduct competitive product analysis to support strategy formulation, implementation, monitoring and adjustment.
- Use pivot tables to analyze the arriving and embargo situation of journals and successfully locate the unusual ones.
- Assist in demonstrating features and providing educational training of company's products for clients, mostly information professionals and library staff.
- Translate product documents and website content for clients and potential customers.
- The internship observation report from the Taiwan branch office was accepted for the first time and was published in the US company's newsletter (EIS Action! - September 2018).
September 2015 - July 2018
- Assist in the transition of archives from closed stacks into the automatic storage & retrieval system of NTU library.
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, magazines, and newspapers.
Master's Degree. GPA: 4.2/4.3. 2019 - 2022.
/* Activities */
- Paper presented at the 12th International Conference of Digital Archives and Digital Humanities.
- Winning 1st place in the short speech category of ccClub 2020 Fall Final Project.
/* Projects */
- Using co-word network community detection and LDA topic model to extract topics on TED Talks.
- Using LDA topic model to discover the trending discussion on PTT Fitness board.
- Perspectives to the Future of Software Startups in the U.S.
- A visualization of The World Happiness Report 2019.
- What do people tweet about the pandemic disease COVID-19?
- Sentiment analysis of virus names and world's attitudes on Taiwan's inclusion in WHO/WHA.
- Exploring the effects of government's involvement on seniors' participation in lifelong learning programs.
/* Others */
- Graduate representative of the department. (2022)
- Student representative of the department. (2019-2020)
Bachelor's Degree. Knowledge Management (Program), Chinese-English Translation and Interpretation (Program). GPA: 4/4.3. 2015 - 2019.
- Organize a graduation ceremony of the department for 120+ people.
- Volunteer for NTU international student reception.
- Volunteer in International Companions for Learning Program, Ministry of Education.
- Manage a summer camp of 100+ college students to provide teaching service for a rural elementary school.
- User experience evaluation of the new retrieval system (SLIM) of National Taiwan University Library.
- Exploring the influence of a trailer-based and collaborative filtering recommendation strategy on people's willingness to watch films - Taking Taiwan documentaries as an example.
- Competitive intelligence analysis of mobile payment products in Taiwan: A case study of JKOPay.
Issued February 2015・No Expiration Date
Issued July 2014・No Expiration Date
Please visit the link below for my latest projects, most of which are data mining / analysis / visualization related. I also have experience in experiment design & statistics, user experience and product analysis, and the associated works will also be uploaded later in the future.