- Created all social media accounts and social media strategy by identifying target audience and best practices.
- Managed all social media account including Twitter, Facebook, Storify, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Meetup, Spreecast and Eventbrite using Sprout Social to identify peak traffic and engagement times.
- Created and distributed weekly email marketing campaigns using MailChimp.
- Researched and reached out to potential collaborators and interested parties.
Social Media Marketing Manager, Social Power Hour, Chicago, IL. Jan 2014- Jul 2014
- Managed and provided regular feedback for a team of blogger interns.
- Served as editor-in-chief for the company blog, The Chicago Social, by enhancing and executing our SEO and content marketing strategies.
- Managed Facebook and Twitter using Sprout Social
- Regularly participated in tweet chats to build brand engagement, advocacy and community relationships.
- Worked closely with CEO to plan in-person networking events for small businesses, entrepreneurs and social Chicagoans.
- Edited blog posts and managed social media calendars for clients using tools such as WordPress, Google Docs and Dropbox.
Social Media/Blog Writer, Social Media Beast. Chicago, IL Dec 2013- Jul 2014
- Created Facebook, Twitter content for various clients, including Chicago favorite Connie’s Pizza, while adhering to strict, assorted styles of tone, voice and strategy.
- Researched and wrote SEO-friendly blog posts for high-profile clients such as Navy Pier.
- Worked virtually and held myself to an always-ahead-of-deadline schedule to ensure plenty of time for stakeholders in the review process.
Features Writer, Fiesta Magazine, Rio Magazine, & Healthy Living Magazine. San Antonio, TX. Dec 2011- Aug 2013
Social Media Intern, CollegeRecipes.Com. Aug 2012- Dec 2012
- Developed social media strategies, content and schedules by working on a team and attending regular training and webinars.
Editorial Intern, San Antonio Magazine, San Antonio, TX. Aug 2011- Oct 2011
- Wrote articles for a print publication by researching events, interviewing people and fact-checking the work of my teammates and myself.