Gordon (Ka Chun)Cheung
Flat A, 9/F, Ho Tat Building, 160, Prince Edward Road West, Hong Kong
Contact No. : 60861722 | Email: [email protected]
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
City University of Hong Kong, BEng (Hons) in Information Engineering Sept 2012 – July 2015
Modules Include: Computer Programming, Linear Algebra & Multi-Variable Calculus, Discrete Mathematics for Computing, Logic Circuit Design, Microcomputer Systems, Basic Electronic Circuit, Object-Oriented Programming and Design, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Database Systems, Principles of Communications, Data Communications and Networking, Signals and Systems, Applied Queueing Systems, Information Product Design, Internet Technology, Engineers in Society, Engine. Training I for Information Engine ering, Engine. Training II for Information Engineering, Business Data Comm Networks, Network & System Admin, Human-Computer Interaction, Internet Client-Server Comp’t, Security Technology
The College of International Education Hong Kong Baptist University, Associate Degree in Social Science
Sept 2010 – July 2012
Modules Include: Public Speaking, Child Psychology, Essentials of Psychology, Introduction to Scientific and Quantitative Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Personality Psychology, Research Methods and Design in Psychology, Social Psychology, Personal Growth and Development
Wah Yan College, H. K., Form 1 – 7 Sept 2003 – July 2010
Eclass Limited, Cloud Engineer August 2021 – present
• Develop, test and enhance various cloud services
• Perform monitoring, diagnostic and analyses on current cloud services
• Resolve business technical issues for clients and deliver technical supports
• Prepare technical documentations, such as technical procedure, project workflow document
Saab Technologies (HK) Limited, Database Engineer July 2015 – August 2021
Saab Technologies is a leading firm providing products, services and solution for civil security. The software solutions are used on ships, in ports and around coasts throughout the world.
• Project/infrastructure implementation by hardware/software installation, maintenance and upgrade.
• Manage and configure networks with external points and multiple network of redundancies.
• Apply knowledge of system components in completing assigned tasks. (i.e. Linux OS, Windows OS, Networking(LAN/WAN), VMware, MSSQL, Storage system)
• Experience in configuration and maintenance of Linux system(CentOS, Debian, openSUSE).
• Experience in configuration and OS/application deployment of Foreman.
• Assist in daily and 7x24 support of 10 systems/products under maintenance contract, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system response or operation.
• Hong Kong Marine Department Vessel Traffic System(VTS) installation and maintenance
• China (Shanghai, Fujian, Maoming) VTS installation
• Jakarta VTS installation
• Bangladesh VTS installation
• Netherland VTS upgrade
• Belgium VTS upgrade
• Vietnam VTS upgrade
• Hong Kong Marine Police VTS maintenance
• Macau VTS maintenance
• China (Ningbo, Zhoushan, Jiaxing) VTS maintenance
PCCW Solution, IT Engineer (Summer Internship) June 2014 – August 2014
PCCW Solutions is the premier IT services company in Hong Kong and mainland China. It represents the integrated information, communications and technology provider, offering systems development and integration of industry solutions.
• Daily maintenance of the Database system
• Stability testing of the database
• Completion of the summer internship program
SKILLS & INTERESTS
• AWS(Amazon Web Service) Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
• Cisco CCNA
• Docker Container
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Bash Shell scripting
• Platform: CentOS, Debian, openSUSE, Windows
• Virtual: VMware, vSphere5.5, vSphere6.0, Proxmox
• Network and Application protocol: TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, RIP, STP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SSH, VOIP, NAT
• Monitoring: Wireshark, Grafana, Prometheus
• Routers & Switches: Cisco, Huawei
• Database: MSSQL
• Integration & Implementation: Foreman
• Language: English (fluent), Mandarin (fluent), Cantonese (native speaker)
References upon request