My name is Simon from Kaohsiung, and I lived in NYC for 3 years when I was a student. Im a sport lover and used to play tournaments of different sports.
After I finished my master degree, I served as electrical engineer for LED driver in Acbel for 3 years. Now being a Product Manager in MEAN WELL, in charge of the enclosed type power supply product line as well as EMEA region FAE. Before the pandemic I traveled frequently between EU and Taiwan, supported EU region for half year. Im strong in cross culture, cross language, cross department communications. I've not only triple the sales of a KA account with specific project, but also achieve more than 16kk NTD with my MTBF optimization project.
Im a self-motivated and open minded person, with all the experience that I experienced, I can and will contribute, to create a win win situation for company and customers.
You can find me by traditional or modern way. In modern way, by typing in the address of " 1185XT " in Google maps. You can see, that I was wearing in red and on my way to Schiphol airport.
On the other hand, you can find me by more old fashion way. You are able to find me in a book which published by MEAN WELL in 2021.
Master degree in Power Electronics.
1. IEEE PEDS conference in Japan.
2. Thesis: "Design of a dimmable LED driving circuit with battery power source".
3. HID ballast design.
Bachelor degree in electrical engineering.
1. Bronze price in 1st Motech Award–Creative Design Competition using Solar Cell.
2. 2nd price in Yuan Ze cup green energy creativity Competition.
3. 2nd price in 2nd Green energy competition held by ministry of education.
4. Coordinator in supply center when Typhoon Morakot happened.
Company:MEAN WELL Period:2021~ Today
Title: Product Manager
-In charge of the enclosed type industrial power supply product line from 15W to 15000W. Product line accounts for 45% of the company's revenue
-Product planning/Schedule control/BOM cost control/NPI/Product marketing/Internal and external product training.
New product involved:
-BIC-2200 series, HRP-N3 series, CMU2, LRS-450/600 series, RST-7K5/15Kseries, SHP-10K series, ERG-5000 series, NSP-1600/3200 series, LAD-120/240/360/600 series.
-Increased more than 16kkNTD with MTBF optimization project.
Company:MEAN WELL Period:2017~ Today
Title: Field application engineer
Job responsibilities: Technical support/Product videos/Tech. documents translation/Product evaluation/product modification to all sales team of EMEA region.
1. Support Europe branch during 2018~2019, and visit KA in Europe region
2. Conduct technical lecture and on-site training to Europe distributors as well as internal sales team
3. Work as both Product manager and technical engineer, to a 3M KA for a lawn mower project.
4. In charge of 20M distributor account.
1. Coordinated the development of a lawn mower project for a KA. Customer grew from 100kUSD to 300kUSD
2. Represented technical department from head quarter for 2 horticulture customers
3. Handled a 20M distributor parallelly for a year.
4. Full English public speech during distributor conference.
5. Supported EU branch during lack of human resources for half year in NL.
Title: Electrical Engineer
Job responsibilities: LED driver design
1. 150W~200W LED drivers, in total of 4 series.
2. Application: Street light and high-bay light
1. Developed 2 series of models for 1st generation high bay light & street lamp.
2. Developed 2 series of models for 2nd generation high bay light for customer Eon.
3. Solve 10% production failure issue independently, by identify production error during a business trip in China.
Product Management and Project Management
-In charge of the enclosed type industrial power supply product line
-In charge of lawn mower projects for a key account in Austria.
- 1 year of sales experience for a distributor in Spain.
- Assist of leadership for newcomer in Europe.
Electrical Circuit Design
- MS degree in electrical engineering.
- 3 years of LED driver design in Acbel. Using topology of Boost with PFC, and accompany with FLYBACK or LLC for 150W~200W drivers.
- 3+ years of FAE experience in MEAN WELL, handling technical issues for EMEA region .
Cross Culture, Language and Department communication
- In charge of technical support for EMEA region.
- Travel frequently between Europe and Taiwan .
- Bridge between EU sales and China factory.
- Coordination QE, sales, RD team for customer complain.
New product introduction during seminar every year.
Being workshop instructor during technical seminar that not only held in Taiwan, but also took place in China and Netherlands.
Participate Light + Building and Electronica in Germany, and give technical advice from headquarter's point of view.
Video link of MEAN WELL at Electronica 2018:
Giving new product introduction in Taiwan. (From 2:14 ~2:17)
Self made new product introduction video