Ph.D. in NCKU Taiwan, and Software Engineer and Project Lead in Kiwi Technology (www.kiwi-tec.com)
Software Engineer and Project Lead in Kiwi
1. Software Team Leader, managing a team of 5 people (2019 ~ 2021)
2. Design Kiwi's Cloud Architecture (using Node.js / Influxdb / MongoDB / Redis / MQTT ) (2016 ~ now)
- Design KMN console (for viewing raw data) and Webhook API to push data into third-party servers.
- Design Internal datastream backbone using MQTT to allow distributed payload parsing and application-specific processing among different processes.
- Integrate Grafana into KMN Console, to enable to automatic create dashboard according to user requirement.
- Regarding a limited budget, tune InfluxDB performance to avoid memory usage too high in AWS EC2 (m4.xlarge)
- Develop a specific Grafana Datasource Plugin to access customized measurements in the InfluxDB
3. Design and implement a temperature monitoring platform to support HACCP requirement for the biggest supermarket customer in Japan (currently, this platform manages about 25K sensors and can record 500 thousand sensor data per day, 2021)
- Design proprietary data storage to store aggressive incoming data for HACCP applications. ( using Golang and Node.js), the maximal sustainability of this data storage is about 100K devices in a single machine.
- Develop a HACCP storage agent with AWS S3 service to backup and retrieve data (using Golang)
4. Design CO2 Monitoring system for the biggest supermarket customer in Japan and a professional baseball team in Chiba, Japan
- Design HACCP alarm system for temperature and CO2 alarm using mailing and line.
- Design a Web-based CO2 Kiosk system for the biggest supermarket customer in Japan and a professional baseball team in Chiba, Japan (because the CO2 data is updated every 1 minute, there are about 50K requests per minute)
5. Design Kiwi's LoRa Gateway Management System (Node.js and proprietary data storage) (2015 ~ 2016)
- Integrate LoRawAN Built-in server into the gateway
6. Implement Kiwi's LoRaWAN Device Certificate (2015)
1. METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR LONG-DISTANCE FULL-DUPLEX WIRELESS COMMUNICATION, US 10,924,254 B2, 2021
2. マルチゲートウェイ通信方法及びその無線ゲートウェイシステム , JP 6739560 B2 2020.8.12
3. 遠距離全二重無線通信方法及び通信システム, JP 6781777 B2 2020.11.4
4. MULTI-GATEWAY COMMUNICATION METHOD AND WIRELESS GATEWAY SYSTEM THEREOF, US10779352B2, 2019
1. Develop an HDCP2.2 IIA Framework for Miracast Integration (2012 ~ 2013)
2. Develop a Remote Desktop Control System on a SIP Phone-based Android Tablet (2011 ~ 2013)
3. Develop a Multitenant Framework in J2EE for ITRI Cloud Mult-tenancy Project. (2011 ~ 2012)
4. Develop a Video Conference System using Gstreamer for ITRI'S Home Entertainment System Project (2009 ~ 2010)
5. Study Android RIL Framework and integrate with GSM module for ITRI'S STC Android Project (2008 ~ 2009)
1. 服務管理方法與系統 SERVICE MANAGEMENT METHOD AND SYSTEM, I554092 2016
2. Method for developing multi-tenant application and data accessing method of multi-tenant application and system using the same, US20140164318A1, 2014
3. System and method for controlling a power line network, US20130039219, 2013
4. Multimedia file sharing method and system thereof, US20130138736, 2013
5. Real-time image monitoring and recording system and method, US8341682, 2012
6. Data backup, recovery and deletion method through a distributed network and system thereof, US20120005165A1, 2012
My Ph.D. research is primary in Botnet detection.
The significant achievement in my Ph.D. career is to develop a P2P Botnet activities clustering system called BotCluster for detecting P2P botnet activities only by examining the Netflow logs.
Herein is my publications and awards:
Journal Paper :
1. "BotCluster: A Session-based P2P Botnet Clustering System on NetFlow", Computer Networks, Vol. 145, 9 November 2018, Pages 175-189, Chun-YuWang ; Chi-Lung Ou ; Yu-En Zhang ; Feng-Min Cho ; Pin-Hao Chen ; Jyh-Biau Chang ; Ce-Kuen Shieh
2. "RP2P: Rapid P2P Botnet Detection Using BotCluster Grouping Results" (Under Review), November 2020 Submitted to Computer and Security, Ce-Kuen Shieh; Ta-Chun Lo; Chun-Yu Wang; Jyh-Biau Chang; Yu-Cheng Chen; Qi-Jun Cheng
3. "Multi-Layer Neural Network Model Trained by Session-based Features for Classifying P2P Botnet Traffic in Real World Traffic", (Under Review), Submitted to Computer Networks, September 2021, Ta Chun Lo; Ce-Kuen Shieh; Chun-Yu Wang; Jia-Hong Yap; Jyh-Biau Chang
1. "A Data Compacting Technique to reduce the NetFlow size in Botnet Detection with BotCluster", 2019 6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (2019 BDCAT, Acceptance rate : 27.7%) Chun-Yu Wang,
Shih-Hao Fuh, Ta-Chun Lo, Qi-Jun Cheng, Yu-Cheng Chen, Feng-Min Cho, Jyh-Biau Chang and Ce-Kuen Shieh
2. "An Inter-framework Cache for Diverse Data-Intensive Computing Environments", 2015 IEEE International Conference on Smart City/SocialCom/SustainCom (SmartCity) Chun-Yu Wang ; Tzu-En Huang ; Yu-Tang Huang ; Jyh-Biau Chang ; Ce-Kuen Shieh
3. "Federated MapReduce to Transparently Run Applications on Multicluster", Environment 2014 IEEE International Congress on Big Data (BigData Congress) Chun-Yu Wang ; Tzu-Li Tai ; Shu Jui-Shing ; Jyh-Biau Chang ; Ce-Kuen Shieh
4. "The Impact of the Observation Period for Detecting P2P Botnets on the Real Traffic Using BotCluster", ICS 2018 in book New Trends in Computer Technologies and Applications Chun-Yu Wang ; Jia-Hong Yap ; Kuan-Chung Chen ; Jyh-Biau Chang ; Ce-Kuen Shieh
5. FedLoop: Looping on Federated MapReduce 2014 IEEE 13th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom) Chun-Yu Wang ; Tzu-Li Tai ; Kuan-Chieh Huang ; Tse-En Liu ; Jyh-Biau Chang ; Ce-Kuen Shieh
1. 2019 中華民國專利 證書號數: I666568 在 Netflow 上以會話型式之 P2P
殭屍網路偵測方法 謝錫堃 (TW) SHIEH, CE-KUEN;張志標 (TW)
CHANG, JYH-BIAU;王俊又 (TW) WANG, CHUN-YU;歐奇隴 (TW)
2. 2017 中華民國專利 證書號數:I596498 基於 FedMR 之殭屍網路聯偵