2020 Campus Recruiting-Cost Analyst
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a cost analyst in Taipei.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
- Plans and releases purchase orders to secure materials and services on an "as needed" basis.
- Identifies primary and secondary source suppliers for materials and services.
- Submits Request for Quote (RFQ) and analyzes responses on Total Cost of Ownership basis.
- Evaluates supplier’s performance (price, on-time delivery, quality, lead-time, TAM) and prepares feedback.
- Develops and administers purchasing improvement programs.
- Responsible for E&O management and mitigation.
- May monitor factory level execution according to allocations.
- Develops long-term relationships with senior management of strategic suppliers for materials, services and technology.
- May be responsible for supply chain management for integrated assemblies.
- Resolves receiving and invoice discrepancies and manages applicable metrics within the job scope.
- Maintains accuracy of procurement database and material return to suppliers on a timely basis (where applicable).
With basic knowledge of commodity areas, purchasing, product return processes and specific role related activities, develops and fosters cooperative relationships while analyzing situations accurately and developing effective courses of action
- Participates as a member of cross-functional teams to manage cost of returned materials against current quarterly supplier pricing, occasionally obtaining price quotes for materials and services
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for a variety of goods, services and materials Reviews necessary invoices with accounts payable and follows up with vendors regarding order status
- Manages supplier's performance as well as internal requirements such as accurately completing purchasing documentation
- Manages delivery, purchasing ROI, system data integrity and supply chain risk
- Keeps interested departments advised with respect to lead-time and delivery of critical material or product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major in Business, Engineering, or any other analytically intensive field (preferred but not strictly required)
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills