EY’s Tax Technology and Transformation practice provides a wide range of services around various tax operational challenges that our clients face with respect to technology, data, process and people. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will get a plenty of opportunities to use and build upon your experience in strategy and process consulting, data management, implementation of tax software systems and building tax requirements for various systems to help our clients improve the performance of tax functions.
Types of projects you can expect to be involved in:
- Tax Function Evaluation and Optimization: Evaluate or optimize tax operation structure by assessing current state, bench marking with leading practice, providing optimization solution options, etc.
- Process and Controls Enhancement: Re-design and deploy streamlined tax processes including new technology solutions with clear roles and responsibilities, standardized work processes, proper controls embedded to manage risks.
- Data and Systems Effectiveness: Embed the needs of Tax into Finance and IT systems to increase automation and data quality throughout tax processes; automate tax processing, tax compliance and reporting through various tax technologies.
- Risk Management: Assess and prioritize tax risks to establish a proper control environment that takes into account the various regulatory regimes.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems and approximately 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Good object-oriented design and coding skills in C#, VBA
- Experience and good working knowledge in the following areas:
- .Net Framework
- MS SharePoint
- MS SQL Server - SQL, triggers, functions, stored procedures, the preparation of capacity.
- Computer science fundamentals
- Software engineering, project management knowledge and experience
- C/S and B/S model development
- Knowledge and experience in RPA software (e.g., Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath) is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik) is a plus.
- Strong leadership, attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Outgoing and proactive personality
We also seek candidates with a keen interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions, the demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues. Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Tax compliance and reporting
- Accounting and finance
- Development and/or implementation of tax technology
- Finance or tax performance improvement
- Experience in the development and/or implementation of tax technology solutions