Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Ability to speak and write in English Fluently.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field.
- Experience with the design and development of the system software architecture.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products.
- 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
About the job
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop linux kernel drivers, Android HAL extensions, system API, applications for battery and charging of the Pixel platform.
- Define and develop techniques for in-field charging monitoring and analysis; drive the implementation, deployment and monitoring of charging performances.
- Design, develop and utilize tools, scripts, testing fixtures, automation for google infra for testing and analysis of charging performances and system power use cases.
- Help to triage and implement fixes for reported battery / charging issues internally and externally.
- Work with cross-functional hardware, software, and systems teams for the design of solutions for input power management, system and battery charging, system and thermal management.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form