Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java, Python).
- 3 years of experience in incident management related to firmware debugging and troubleshooting.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting skills in domains of FW, Linux Kernel, or Userspace.
- Experience with Linux or Unix environments, including shell scripting.
- Experience in embedded systems development.
- Knowledge of Advanced RISC Machine (ARM) or x86 assembly, Basic Input Output System (BIOS), Linux kernel, and device drivers.
- Familiarity with Chromium projects and ChromeOS devices.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
About the job
As a System Integration Engineer on the Incident Management team, you will work with the ChromeOS Release Management team to work on bugs impacting ChromeOS release milestones. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding, troubleshooting, and resolving cross-functional bugs by driving the bug resolution and co-working with cross-functional teams. You will also be responsible to work with the ChromeOS team and Release team to improve processes, tools, and reporting to help the ChromeOS ecosystem to scale.
- Be an integration expert who can understand, troubleshoot and resolve issues (e.g., firmware, hardware, Linux, Kernel, graphics, etc.) by co-working with internal functional teams.
- Be a part of a team that manages incoming bugs from Users, partners and the Testing team, and help triage issues to drive resolution across internal functional teams.
- Improve process, infrastructure, tests, and tools based on experience of managing issues to ease the life of issue management.
- Build tools to generate reliable logs, build systems to analyze logs, and help ChromeOS ecosystem quality by helping the team to address incoming bugs.
- Ensure the issue contains relevant information for teams to debug and resolve the issue, track the resolutions of blocking bugs, and analyze bug trends to send reports.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form