Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software and hardware test development or manufacturing test sustaining for PCBA/electronics system.
- 3 years of experience as a test team lead and management experience.
Experience increasing test release velocity and quality, improving test code/process health in Python or C++ under the Linux based Operating System (OS).
- Experience working with PCBA Contract Manufacturer (CM/ODM) in board functional testing and system testing, on test program, methodology, hardware infrastructure, and processes.
- Experience in development of manufacturing tests using custom electronics, fixturing and instrumentation and supporting test infrastructure.
- Knowledge of server or networking switch functional block diagram and testing.
- Ability to generate product-specific test plans and execute testing accordingly.
About the job
As a Test Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the manufacturing test processes, tools, and procedures behind Google’s Impactful technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you will ensure that manufacturing test processes are repeatable, effective, efficient, and controlled. You'll collaborate with Commodity Managers, New Product Introduction Engineers, and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product testing specifications. Your work will ensure the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems smooth for a seamless user experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for the qualification, deployment, and provide ongoing sustaining support of the test systems and processes required for Google’s manufacturing test and quality teams. This role will provide support to Google’s manufacturing test development teams during New Product Introduction (NPI) and vendor oversight of its manufacturing partners.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Deploy custom software and hardware test solutions or changes at manufacturing partners' locations.
- Drive availability of Google’s manufacturing test platforms, through code reviews, software/hardware qualification, test debugging, reduction of escapes, and optimization to test time.
- Sustain manufacturing test plans and drive test coverage based on product and test requirements. Monitor and drive test compliance to Google requirement, efficiency, and effectiveness at manufacturing partners.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and root cause manufacturing test issues and field escapes. Drive issues to closure with preventive measures.
- Engage in New Product Introduction (NPI) to review and provide Design for Test input into the Manufacturing Test Strategy.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form