A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships, meaningful impact, and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As an Associate Application Developer at IBM, you’ll work with clients to co-create solutions to major real-world challenges by using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products to translate system requirements into the design and development of customized systems.
You are required to involve with the process, life cycle and creation of the software solution to our clients in their businesses. You will work closely with critical stakeholders in using languages such as Java or .NET to develop the necessary specifications for software. You may also test, debug and improve generally faulty applications for clients.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Working across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality, scalable products, and interfaces for our clients
- Employing IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability
- Working with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery)
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a viable product
- Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The below is only a guideline – if you have transferable skills that can be applied to this role, apply anyway! At IBM, if you have the passion and drive, we will support your learning.
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering, Information Technology, Business or related fields
- Fluent in Chinese reading, listening, writing, and speaking/fluent in English reading and writing
- Less than 2 years full-time working experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Practical Knowledge of Agile Development, Scrum, Kanban Method
- Experience of development in large scale web applications or IBM mainframe system (Ex.IMS, CICS, TSO, JCL and debug tools).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity requirement and communicate effectively.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions strongly desired.
IBM 是全球領先的混合雲、人工智慧及企業服務的提供者，為全球超過 175 個國家的客戶服務，協助其從擁有的資料裡獲取商業洞察、簡化業務流程、降低成本，並取得產業競爭優勢。屬於金融服務、電信和健康醫療等關鍵基礎設施領域、近 3,800 家政府和企業機構，採用 IBM 混合雲平台和紅帽 OpenShift 解決方案，快速、高效、安全地實現企業數位轉型。IBM 在人工智慧、量子運算、產業導向的雲端運算解決方案和企業服務領域的突破性創新，為客戶提供開放和靈活的選擇。IBM 對企業誠信、透明治理、企業社會責任、多元與包容文化和服務精神的承諾，歷久彌新，是 IBM 業務發展的基礎。
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.