A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships, meaningful impact, and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you’ll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Application Consultants focus on technical roles, growing a strong set of technical and consulting skills and then progressing onto solution design and technical leadership roles at increasing levels of responsibility
As an Application Consultant, you will:
- Assist in delivery of high-quality solutions to clients in response to specific business requirements
- Support on technical solution through research and evaluations of technology
- Support management consulting to client IT and Business Executives who are responsible for managing and delivering IT related services to their end user community or external clients
- Assist in defining the business drivers and associated IT capabilities and services that are required, develop the IT capabilities and implement the IT business management systems required to maintain IT value and service delivery
- Performs design/development/testing of cloud/traditional application projects
- Interacts with the requirements team, clients, and others in the field for various purposes including gathering requirements, product demos, and resolving technical issues
- Prepares and writes technical documentation such as content to be included in the documentation of design and training materials
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The below is only a guideline – if you have transferable skills that can be applied to this role, apply anyway! At IBM, if you have the passion and drive, we will support your learning.
We are looking for entry level candidates equipped with below expertise:
- Good Analytical skill and innovative approach to problems
- High sensitivity and passion for business and people
- Less than 2 years full-time work experience
- Fluent English and Mandarin communication
To perform this role, you will be keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:
- Good communication, creativity, problem solving, consultation skills
- Ability to take ownership and work directly with clients
- Fast learner, team work and has passion to work with people across the regions.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, deadlines and requirements
- Professional work ethic and result orientation that is targeted towards managing by objectives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experienced in mobile APP development is a plus
- Familiarity in Agile developing environment
Travel Required:Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)
IBM 是全球領先的混合雲、人工智慧及企業服務的提供者，為全球超過 175 個國家的客戶服務，協助其從擁有的資料裡獲取商業洞察、簡化業務流程、降低成本，並取得產業競爭優勢。屬於金融服務、電信和健康醫療等關鍵基礎設施領域、近 3,800 家政府和企業機構，採用 IBM 混合雲平台和紅帽 OpenShift 解決方案，快速、高效、安全地實現企業數位轉型。IBM 在人工智慧、量子運算、產業導向的雲端運算解決方案和企業服務領域的突破性創新，為客戶提供開放和靈活的選擇。IBM 對企業誠信、透明治理、企業社會責任、多元與包容文化和服務精神的承諾，歷久彌新，是 IBM 業務發展的基礎。
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.