As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Application Architects participate in analyzing the clients’ legacy applications and surrounding systems, defining target application architectures including the new cloud-native core systems, and modernization strategies and execution plans for our clients. You will advise your clients to identify the most effective modernization approach and help modernize their legacy applications or build a completely new application stack using modern cloud native architectures with container platforms and cloud services.
In this role, you will:
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to provide proposals
- Upon commencement of engagements, co-lead client workshops with Designers; influencing participants from all levels of our clients’ organization to find the best outcomes and arrive at the architecture that will support the engagement
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future Azure Cloud services and technologies
- Use exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to the identified business requirements from our clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years of overall experience in Architecting .NET solutions, C# Knowledge of an object programming and project patterns. C# proficiency and server side development experience with ASP.NET Web API.
- Experience in creating software using back-end technologies in Microsoft area: C#, .NET, Dapper, Entity Framework with the knowledge of SQL Server database
- Architecting and developing cloud-native applications including development of APIs and microservices on containers
- .Net Core with Azure Architect: Hands on experience in .Net Core MVC Web app/Web API with Entity Framework ORM (Mandatory skill) Hands on experience in .Net Framework Webforms /WCF /MVC Hands on experience in MSSQL Database Experience on cloud migration (good to have)
- Hands on experience in Cloud Native Development with Azure (Good to have)
- Experience in GIT version control
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent in Chinese reading, listening, writing, and speaking/fluent in English reading and writing
- Experience with micro service developing framework, such as: Spring Cloud or Dubbo,..etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes technologies
IBM 是全球領先的混合雲、人工智慧及企業服務的提供者，為全球超過 175 個國家的客戶服務，協助其從擁有的資料裡獲取商業洞察、簡化業務流程、降低成本，並取得產業競爭優勢。屬於金融服務、電信和健康醫療等關鍵基礎設施領域、近 3,800 家政府和企業機構，採用 IBM 混合雲平台和紅帽 OpenShift 解決方案，快速、高效、安全地實現企業數位轉型。IBM 在人工智慧、量子運算、產業導向的雲端運算解決方案和企業服務領域的突破性創新，為客戶提供開放和靈活的選擇。IBM 對企業誠信、透明治理、企業社會責任、多元與包容文化和服務精神的承諾，歷久彌新，是 IBM 業務發展的基礎。
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.