IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Application Consultants perform as an expert on application development for existing or new applications and advises their client on application development methodology and tools. You will help to guide and teach your clients’ project members, also focuses on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness.
Specifically, you will be responsibility to:
- Work with the client to move existing workloads and application to the target cloud or non-cloud environment(s). Modernize the legacy application by enabling technologies like Containerization, Micro-Services, and DevOps.
- Lead and facilitate requirement-taking sessions with clients.
- Apply knowledge to analyze client’s current process and applications.
- Deliver the detail system design of the new application through well-structured documents, and quality control for the new application.
- Coordinate the team to complete tasks throughout the application development lifecycle, including requirement taking, system design, system development, sit/uat and Go-live support phases.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience in system analysis. And basic understanding about common cloud technologies.
- Knowhow in digital transformation technical domains (e.g. microservices, containers, cloud native development, API management etc)
- Database migration or modernization experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Chinese reading, listening, writing, and speaking/fluent in English reading and writing
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certification in any of the Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, RetHat Openshift
- Experience in analyzing client’s application portfolios
- Experience in designing Application Modernization Roadmap.
Travel Required:Up to 80% or 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)
IBM 是全球領先的混合雲、人工智慧及企業服務的提供者，為全球超過 175 個國家的客戶服務，協助其從擁有的資料裡獲取商業洞察、簡化業務流程、降低成本，並取得產業競爭優勢。屬於金融服務、電信和健康醫療等關鍵基礎設施領域、近 3,800 家政府和企業機構，採用 IBM 混合雲平台和紅帽 OpenShift 解決方案，快速、高效、安全地實現企業數位轉型。IBM 在人工智慧、量子運算、產業導向的雲端運算解決方案和企業服務領域的突破性創新，為客戶提供開放和靈活的選擇。IBM 對企業誠信、透明治理、企業社會責任、多元與包容文化和服務精神的承諾，歷久彌新，是 IBM 業務發展的基礎。
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.