The Commerce specialized development group (EC Marketplace Mall Development Department) owns native mobile shopping applications as a portion of Rakuten Ichiba Marketplace, which is the largest commerce service in Japan. Our customers spend time on Rakuten Ichiba marketplaces which are serving Japan, Taiwan, and other countries across Android, iOS and Web applications. We commit to making the whole user experience better than today to delight our customers, and ensure its' quality by hearing our customers' voice. Our responsibility is to bring our product up one step further but without being opinionated.
This position is an Android Native Mobile App Engineer within the commerce domain. We do developing for mainly 3 mobile applications (Rakuten Ichiba, Netsuper and Taiwan Marketplace). Each product is managed by an individual team. The team is focusing on consumer-facing UI/UX for each Rakuten marketplace's Android and iOS applications by interacting with all stakeholders.
As an Android Application Development Engineer, you will be involved from project initiation until shipment through system design, execution, quality assurance. You will work on application quality, which requires a sense of ownership as well as a practical way to make it automated.
You will work on Taiwan Rakuten core service and collaborate with international team in Japan.
- Improving Rakuten Shopping UI/UX
- Pursuing high quality/performance and scalable application architecture
- Eliminating manual efforts as much as possible
- Staying up-to-date besides modern trends, technologies and frameworks
- Over 3 years' experience in Android native application development (Kotlin and Java)
- Strong ownership and problem-solving skills to solve complex and uncertain situations
- Motivation to drive things by yourself
- Great communication skills
- Practical understanding for Agile development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree
- Over 5 years' experience in Android native application development
- Enthusiasm for investigating cross platform framework solution like KMM, Flutter
- Experience working with a backend team to design web service interfaces and build networking components
- Experience in for CI/CD in mobile domain
- Strong leadership to encourage team members and guide them toward the groups mission
- Past mentorship for other team members and encouraged mutual growth
- Be able to communicate in English, can discuss issues or technical topics with team members in English