Introduction to the Job
If you like to troubleshoot hardware, solve complex problems, and make equipment work better, this is the role for you. As a Customer Engineer, you’ll work in our state-of-the-art facility and at customer sites around the globe, where you are the face of Applied Materials and an integral part of a vibrant and diverse team.
We train our Customer Engineers to create and support the technology that the world relies on to manufacture semiconductor chips and related materials, every day. You’ll work beside global customers to install, maintain and upgrade their Applied Materials equipment, delivering world-class support for multimillion-dollar production systems.
• Assist senior engineers with installing leading-edge customer equipment, performing scheduled preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance, and upgrading equipment
• Performs all standard service activities through Tier I unassisted. Performs standard Tier II with assistance. Able to perform routine preventative maintenance within established timeframes. Completes quality repairs.
• Responds to fab issues by communicating with other engineers and participating in escalation conference calls. May participate in projects to reduce costs and increase uptime.
• Follow procedures you learn during your training, as well as published task plans, to test equipment and to diagnose and resolve technical problems
• Complete required job documentation, safety training and procedures for processing parts
• Professionally represent Applied Materials to the customer, using your “customer first” mindset
• Satisfy the company’s and customer’s on-site requirements, including safety, environmental and COVID-19 guidelines
What to expect
• FSO (Field Service Organization) CE: Relocation within Country based on business needs. Also, in general, you’ll work with Applied Materials Taiwan AGS on-call model to provide ongoing technical support for our customers. Some product field service teams may need to work in shifts depending on business needs.
• lift at least10~20kg.
• work in a clean room environment wearing coveralls, hood, booties, safety glasses, and gloves
• sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach and stretch to reach equipment when needed, and stand for extended periods of time
• determine differences in colors
• Global Relocation Opportunities: Based on Applied Materials AGS (Applied Global Service) organization business needs, there will be global Relocation Opportunities released for employees to apply. Following on Applied internal transfer eligibility, you are welcome to relocate to other regions including but not limited to US, Europe, etc. within Applied to develop career further.
• TOEIC 550 above.
• Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering related (Hardware related preferred), 社會新鮮人 are welcome
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics
• Clear and effective written/verbal communications skills, with an emphasis on documenting details
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Basic mechanical aptitude and knowledge in any of the following: pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, vacuum, or thermodynamics
• Knowledge of hand tools and proper usage, including a digital multimeter
應用材料公司(Applied Materials, Inc.)是世界最大半導體及顯示器設備領導廠商，名列全球前五百大公司之一。成立於1967年，總部設於美國加州矽谷聖塔克拉拉 (Santa Clara)，在美國、歐洲、以色列、台灣以及新加坡等地設有技術研發與製造中心，110個服務據點廣布於全球19個國家，員工人數超過24,000位。
台灣應用材料公司(Applied Materials Taiwan, AMT)為在台子公司，服務據點包括林口、新竹、台中與台南，獨一無二的設施為新竹的全球技術培訓中心(GTLC)、台南顯示器設備製造中心與研發實驗室，以及200mm半導體設備製造中心，位於桃園的亞洲設備零件物流中心， 發貨全亞洲客戶。
榮獲多項殊榮及客戶肯定：連續25年榮獲Fortune雜誌《全球最受推崇企業》、Forbes雜誌《全球最佳雇主》、ESG評選《Best ESG Companies》、應材台南顯示器設備製造中心黃金級綠建築認證、台積優良供應商卓越表現獎《技術合作》、聯電《傑出合作夥伴獎》、英特爾《首選優質供應商獎》；台灣應材榮獲天下雜誌《2021天下永續公民獎》、HR Asia《2021年亞洲最佳企業雇主獎》、多次獲文化部文馨獎等。