Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Amazon Devices began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, Amazon Devices has produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Dash Button. The Fire OS team is a big part of creating these innovative devices at Amazon Devices. The Fire OS team is responsible for the board bring up, low level software, operating system, core framework feature development, and end-to-end system functions, such as power/performance, that bring the devices to life. For many devices, the Fire OS team takes the open source Android distribution and productizes the software on Amazon hardware. For devices that don’t run Fire OS, the Fire OS team is responsible for the low-level software. The software built by the Fire OS team runs on all Amazon devices.
In this role, you will:
- Create test plans and test cases for our Kindle Hardware product line
- Write test scripts and execute automation scripts across all functional areas
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Leading and response for key feature’s quality Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing
- Experience on blue tooth and Wi-Fi testing.