Amazon Device is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – Framework, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You will have experience porting Android to new platforms and providing a level of customization required to ship a differentiated product. You will understand what the limitations of the platform are and can design and implement additional services or help optimize existing ones to meet the product requirements. In this role, you will:
• Have in-depth expertise working with Android distributions on consumer electronics products and dive into specific areas to root cause problems
• Work on integrating new Android pastries onto existing products
• Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems
• Work on consumer electronics products
• Thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Take great pride in innovating new products
• Know what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish
• Work on an Android based product and understand how the Android software stack.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field • 4+ years of experience in software development in Java or C++ • 4+ years of experience on Android framework • Experience with embedded Linux devices Preferred qualifications • Master’s degree • Experience on Linux kernel, memory management • Experience on system optimization • Experience on Android ART VM • Experience on Data Analysis, Machine Learning • Experience on shell/python programming • Experience interfacing with vendors, partners and outside contacts