We are an exciting start-up delivering a PaaS platform for the Internet of Things. The Ayla Platform™ is the industry’s only complete end-to-end solution for transforming everyday products into cloud-connected devices quickly, easily and economically. Ayla combines its innovative and highly efficient technology with best-in-class hardware, applications, cloud-based services and digital information services to allow manufacturers to reinvent their products for the smartphone era.
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps leader to join the Ayla DevOps team. You will be a key member of the team influencing the various services that manage devices, users and data.
<What You Will Be Doing>
• Working in an engineering culture that is customer focused
• Managing a highly scalable and reliable systems for millions of devices and users
• Play a significant role and make an impact on the company’s success
• Lead Taiwan DevOps team & work with US peer to achieve diverse objectives in replicable, scalable ways.
• Work with US region DevOps leader, direct planning of long and short term infrastructure improvement projects & cost down strategy, including design, budgeting, and implementation.
<Desired Skills and Experience>
• 8+ years industry experience supporting micro service applications, PaaS, or cloud technologies.
• 3+ years of experience leading an operations team following agile development processes. Strong leadership skills to convince and push change across the organization
• 3+ years deploying and operating applications in the cloud: AWS, GCE, Rackspace, OpenStack etc.; strong experience designing and managing fault tolerant web platforms with high scale & availability.
• 3+ years of experience in using any script (Ruby, Python or Bash) to automate server operations
• 3+ years of experience with administration of the following databases: MySQL, Cassandra, or other noSQL databases.
• 3+ years of experience in log collection and analysis, performance monitoring/tuning. Proven experience using logging and monitoring tools: New Relic, ELK, Nagios etc.
• Experience using CI/CD tools
• Strong understanding of DevOps principles/tools integration. Direct planning of long and short term infrastructure improvement projects, including design, budgeting, and implementation.
• Able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.