Our Client is an emerging start-up building a next-generation technology for providing security in our homes. Using the most cutting-edge form of machine learning (Deep Learning), it turning our cutting-edge cameras into an intelligent crime prediction system. We are a tight-knit, fast-paced, high-energy startup team. We put AI behind a home camera and prevent crime while it’s in progress.
=== About this Job ===
We are seeking an experienced (preferably 10+ years) Technical Lead (Senior software engineer with 4-8 direct reports) to join our small team in building a truly next-generation security system utilizing many advanced technologies: deep learning, on-edge embedded AI system, hybrid-cloud, big data, etc. We are a tightknit, fast-paced, high energy start-up team. This Technical Lead position is based in Taipei and focuses on development of software that runs on our embedded hub system. This person will report to the VP of Engineering and Machine Learning, based in California, USA.
Key skills include: Python hands-on-coding in an at-scale production product, team leadership experience, startup-type get-it-done experience in new areas that expand your horizons. Embedded software background is a plus.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for code, a love for a fail-fast (and work freaking hard) engineering environment, and a hunger to learn and grow. This means a bias towards action and with a can-do mentality. This is a hands-on leadership position.
=== Responsibilities ===
This role leads all engineering activities in the Taiwan office, communicates issues to the HQ, and understands the requirements from the company senior management. This role should be a facilitator, instead of a gatekeeper.
Code development and tech leadership
- Developing/Maintaining a robust and high performance on-edge embedded AI system (our Hub). This includes business logic, MQTT device communication, MQTT cloud communication, data synchronization
- Setting and maintaining development standards for your team and working with your team to ensure the whole team is operating on the same page
- Participating in engineering leadership and architecture reviews, story estimation and prioritization processes
- Leading a small (4-8 person) team in Taiwan. This position also requires hands-on contribution to the Hub software.
- Collaborating with other teams: frontend, mobile developers, hardware engineers, data scientists to polish the existing awesomeness and build new features
=== Qualifications ===
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development, or have significant open-source Contribution in related fields
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE
- Very strong with Python
- A good team worker and have excellent English communication skills.
- Familiar with network architecture and protocol (e.g.: TCP, UDP, HTTP, websocket)
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design
- The Start-Up mentality
=== Other great features ===
- Experience on complex distributed cloud applications
- Experience working with hardware partners (ODM)
- Knowledge of computer vision or deep learning
- Knowledge of multimedia streaming protocols (e.g.: RTP, RTSP, WebRTC)
4-5 round Online interview with US Team and Taiwan RD Team, Final interview will be with CEO in US.
If you have interest to know more details, feel free to contact me
CakeResume Consultant Tina
🔥This is the CakeResume Headhunting Recruitment Service official web page🔥
Connecting Companies with Top Tech Talent. CakeResume’s Recruitment Consulting Team has successfully helped Fortune 500 & startup companies recruit top talent of all kinds.
CakeResume is the Leading Asia talent platform. Now we have over 3,000,000+ active resumes in our database and still it is increasing every day.
Currently more than 5,000 clients, ranging from Software like Appier、Line、Crypto.com、Trend Micro、17Live to large companies like Amazon、Google、MediaTek、 Realtek、TSMC、Micron etc. are using our recruitment services.