The Consumer Industrial Design team continues to grow in support of the expanding needs of all consumer market segments. We are looking for talented designers to help us take on the additional projects and support the company growth. We need designers with the courage to explore new ideas and forms, combined with the ability to collaborate respectfully in a team.
Work directly with engineering and management to create compelling products for our worldwide customers. Collaborate globally with design team in US and Taiwan to develop products for the Automotive, Outdoor, Fitness, Marine, and Wearable markets. Experience the variety and diversity of projects that would normally be reserved for a design consultancy but with the stability and benefits of a corporate environment. Our design team develops solutions for activity trackers, running watches, action cameras, cycling computers, marine radars, outdoor watches, handhelds, and more. Garmin’s process also provides designers the ability to work on a design from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into mass-production.
• Explore a wide variety of compelling design options through sketching and rendering for Garmin’s consumer product markets
• Understand and apply future trends in design, technology, and materials
• Create 3D models using Solidworks for product development and prototyping
• Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means
• Understand the needs and desires of our customers
• Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions
• Above 3 years experience • Must demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to use tools such as SolidWorks, Keyshot, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Pro-E, and Sketchbook Pro • Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills • Excellent hand sketching skills (Shown on portfolio is preferred). • Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options (forms, colors, finishes, materials, etc.) • Courage to explore new ideas • Willing to cooperate with world-wide designer and be open to go business trip for a short period. • Having related experience at 3C product manufacturing. If you were really interested in this position, please submit your portfolio and resume to the email below: [email protected]