We are HIRING!!!
We are looking for an Action Coordinator to join our Program team.
If you have knowledge or skills in creative confrontation
If you have exceptional event/ activity management skills
If you have a detail-oriented mindset
If you are passionate about outdoor activities like climbing or driving boats
If you share the same concerns about the current state of our environment like us,
If you have a desire to work in a cross-cultural environment,
You are right for this job!
**Please submit your current resume and motivation letter when applying.
The scope of the work:
The Action Coordinator is primarily responsible for furthering Greenpeace East Asia's campaign objectives through ongoing strategic and tactical planning with Greenpeace campaigners and the deployment of innovative, creative, confrontational and inspirational non-violent direct actions. S/he is responsible for working directly with the Head of Action Unit and program staff in evaluating and executing appropriate tactics and timing for these events based on campaign strategies and objectives.
1. Knowledge of trends and opportunities in creative non-violent confrontation
2. Competency in at least one often used skill in creative non-violent confrontation
3. Demonstrate an ability to work simultaneously with multiple tasks, teams and deadlines and remain positive and motivated
4. Able to manage multiple concurrent daily deadlines and tasks,
5. Able to perform under pressure and in physically or mentally challenging situations.
6. Fluent in Mandarin and good English communication skills.
7. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
1. Experience with working in a culturally diverse workplace.
2. At least 2 years of work / hands-on experience in related fields (NGOs, activist/advocacy groups, event management, logistics, creative industry) and experience in social action is highly preferred
3. Skills and experiences in driving, boating, climbing, diving, swimming, first aid, electronic and mechanical equipment, etc. will be an asset
Greenpeace has a strong commitment to personal development with ample opportunities for workplace learning and career progression.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)