The team's mission is to disrupt financial markets by empowering the individual. We believe the global financial system is undergoing a major evolution where in a few years, anyone from anywhere will be able to freely trade, invest, borrow and lend to better their lives. Much like how the internet has eliminated communication barriers for all of us, blockchain will remove all barriers to financial markets, services and products.
The Role: Research Analyst
To join our team, you should be excited to:
Formulate the right questions to ask to perform due diligence quickly and thoroughly on crypto markets and projects by reviewing concepts qualitatively and quantitative
• Use data whenever possible to support arguments and ultimately insights derived. Be able to hold a unique view that is unconventional but realize quickly when you are wrong
• Communicate effectively and succinctly the insights in a timely manner to the portfolio manager using well-thought-out data visualizations and writing
• Brainstorm, design and track the relationships and metrics which are crucial to understanding and forecasting the success or failures of targeted projects
• Establish and cultivate meaningful and long-term relationships externally and internally with our partners, clients, investors, and community
• Absorb the factors which drive the main trends in the blockchain ecosystem
• Follow closely the target projects via social media, academic papers and through direct communication with the team
• We are a performance-driven company and provide our top employees the most competitive total compensation in our industry! The salary range we provide is inclusive of annual discretionary bonuses.
• We keep all positions open. When there's headcount and if you match the requirements, we will contact you as soon as possible.
• We strive to contact candidates within a few business days if there is a strong fit. If you don't hear from us, please don't be discouraged. We will keep your resume on file and contact you if there is an opening which you might be a good fit for.
• Strong background in a quantitative discipline such as financial/computer/electrical engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, etc.
• Self-starter who can consistently take ownership of projects from beginning to end
• 3+ year work or academic experience in related fields such as equity/fixed income research or data analysis, software engineering, etc.
• Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
• Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations
• Extremely effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with blockchain or statistical programming (like Python, R, Solidity, SQL, etc.)
• Startup / blockchain / trading / investment experience
*English resume acceptable only.
Kronos Research is a technology and science-driven trading firm. We risk firm capital, trading a broad range of financial instruments and strategies on global markets. The firm is willing to pursue new ideas and markets with conviction and as such, we have been at the forefront of technology and markets, quickly dominating newer markets such as applying HFT to cryptocurrency trading. Kronos trades on average more than $1 Billion USD / day just in crypto volume alone. Our team has grown quickly from 2 in 2018 to the now 60+ team at our Taipei headquarters and office in Shanghai with more locations on the way.