The IBM (International Business Manager) is responsible for assisting her/his assigned Franchisees in their efforts to develop and operate their business in such a way as to BUILD SALES and OPTIMIZE PROFIT while adhering to the standards of operations, policies and procedures associated with the LaKaffa Brands and/or Systems, as applicable. Additionally, the International Business Manager is responsible in assisting with new business development opportunities including new store opening processes.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in the development of strategic objectives and business plans to advance the Company’s brand image and drive the growth and profitability of their assigned territories’ operations. Develops and achieves current and long-range business plans for their territories, which are aligned to and supports the Company’s direction.
- Develops and maintains successful franchise relations and provides leadership and influence within the assigned territories and franchise community to achieve business plans and customer count growth, operational objectives, reinvestment, development and financial results.
- Ensure focus on protecting the Company’s brand image by driving total customer satisfaction in all franchise and Company stores within the territories.
- Assist franchisees in optimizing profitability through ongoing analysis and consultative support of sales building and cost controls. Is skilled in analyzing P&L statements and can identify and problem-solve cost control opportunities.
- Provides leadership to franchisees within the assigned territories, leading to a performance driven culture characterized by high levels of retention, staffing and performance. Personally coaches franchise owners/operators and encourages a strong focus on maximizing productivity and the personal development at all levels.
- Effectively utilizes corporate, strategic partnerships, peers and support functions to achieve business goals.
- Bachelor degree in Business and fluent in English, have Restaurant Management or a related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Relevant working experience of Business development, preferred in Egypt / Brazil / South Africa / Russia.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with increasing responsibility in restaurant operations management including significant experience in complete P&L management of multi-unit operations.
- Proven successful track record in a franchise-related role, including running a large, geographically dispersed restaurant organization.
- Ability to lead, influence, and develop people as well as achieve results through others.
- Natural capacity to quickly establish and build effective relationships across the organization.
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities and ability to lead growth and change initiatives.
- Superior operating skills, financial and marketing acumen.
- Extraordinary influencing and communication skills. Has the ability to influence, engage and motivate people both inside and outside of the Company.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player, holds her/himself accountable for performance, and takes absolute ownership.
- Possesses a high energy level that allows her/him to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position, and not afraid to make decisions.
- Intellectual agility and creativity and respond to changing demands and create new solutions in the industry.
- Must be analytical and have a clear understanding of what factors positively influence the connection points between the customers, the Company, employees and franchise owners.
- Devotion to long-term growth and at the same time not sacrificing shot-term profit.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and character. Exudes confidence, has a positive executive presence and external stature in the market.
- Possess high sense of urgency and shows courage to make tough decision