Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our engineering team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team. Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Audio Embedded engineer to be part of a small team of developers focused on making video collaboration an amazing experience and the products you create will be used by thousands of people every day.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• You enjoy working on early release components and influencing technology roadmaps
• You will help prototype and define technology plans for future projects
• You will evaluate and analyze new embedded audio firmware methodologies
• You will have practical knowledge of audio streaming processing techniques and approaches for realtime communications
• You will have a passion to work on new and disruptive techniques such as new digital communication standards, embedded low level C/C++ for audio streaming, and integration of world-class audio algorithms.
• Contribute to embedded firmware architecture using your experience with SOCs, GPUs, and ARM/Cortex cores.
• You will have experience in designing, creating, and delivering shipping products based on Linux and RTOS in the field of audio processing.
• You will analyze and optimize system resources related to audio processing and use your optimization experience to squeeze performance from math intensive code.
• Work closely with product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented components.
• Take ownership of critical software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 5+ Proficiency in coding with C/C++
• 5+ years of deep experience with ARM/Cortex cores as a software engineer
• Implementation and verification of algorithms in a mixture of C and C++
• Experience in Linux and RTOS systems for embedded realtime systems
• Experience in Linux BSP development and debug, including I2S, I2SC, UART, USB, or ethernet standards.
• Experience with realtime embedded audio algorithms and approaches
• Knowledge of low-latency digital audio communication
• Algorithm optimization techniques and tradeoffs to minimize MIPs/memory
• Experience with debugging math algorithms and hardware control techniques
• Comfortable with development tools: gcc, JTAG, Audio Precision, scopes
• Experience in developing realtime systems with low latency and high data rates
• Proficient in performance analysis and optimization techniques.
• Experience developing and delivering at least one ARM-based embedded product.
• Experience using Source Control/Project Tracking systems (git, Jenkins, Jira)
• Attention to details and ability to work independently
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Previous video conferencing experience
• Knowledge of NEON optimization for ARM cores
• Ability to read and understand EE circuits and hardware
• B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience as an Embedded Engineer in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation-driven by consumer insight. Under a number of different brands, the company offers PC peripherals; cases and keyboards for tablets; equipment for gamers; mobile speakers and earphones for music and sports enthusiasts; devices to make video collaboration simple in the workplace; and entertainment and control products for the home. Join our mission to help the world create, achieve and enjoy more!