The Hardware Product Quality Engineer is responsible for working closely with different stakeholders to test the core video and/or audio functionalities along with all aspects of the features, fit, and form of the Hardware as it pertains to the Video Collaboration group. Attention to details with HW and reliability testing/validation/verification, and regression. This includes working with ODM's, JDM's and CDM's , as well as in-house manufacturing.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Scheduling, overseeing, and executing various DVT plans: like Drop, Non operational and operational Temperature and Humidity test, High Temperature, Burn-in Test, Package test, Various Life tests, and others.
• Creating detailed, comprehensive and well structured system level test plans and cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Perform manual and automated system level testing
• Comfortable working with TDE and the Production Line to solve issues, and debug failures based on the what has been reported.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products .
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and set priorities.
• Monitor debugging process and communicate results.
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
• Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
• Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
• Identify any potential system level problems that users might encounter.
• Research and analyze product features being tested
• Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
• Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
• Create detailed and informative reports for management
• Reviews of test plans for accuracy and efficiency
• Special request testing: IE: Temperature safety, Power consumption
• Set up of test beds for long term system stress testing: IE: Charging, Playtime, Plug/Unplug, Enumeration, Call Controls, audio and/or video calls where applicable.
• Knowledge and understanding of reliability and DVT testing including but not limited to EMI/ESD, chapter 7,8,9 for USB 2.0/3.0 and HID.
• Using HLK/HCK for stress and fundamental testing.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Conduct HW+ESW+SW (System) testing for Logitech products.
• Understanding HW quality EVT/DVT requirements.
• Proven work experience in product quality assurance.
• Work with Product Development teams to understand UX requirements and write test cases for system level validation.
• Strong knowledge of HW+ESW+SW (System) QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience with white & black box system testing utilizing tools: Jenkins CD/CI, python, java, POSTMAN, Robot Framework, etc.
• Experience with tools for automation: Python, Java, Android SDK, appium, etc
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with assessing image quality either via objective measurements and/or subjective analysis and being able to articulate and defend and explain, why?
• Familiar with what Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) means and have been exposed to running the necessary testing to assess the quality of images based on MTF 30.
• Experience with assessing audio quality either via objective measurements and/or subjective analysis and being able to articulate and defend and explain, why?
• Set the quality priorities and put risk mitigation plans in place, and ensure production quality metric integration, deep-dive root-cause and implement process control at supplier sites.
• Experience leading cross-functional problem solving teams using practical approaches (e.g., Quality Metrics, Design of Experiments, and Statistical Process Control).
• Experience with preventing quality loss in the early stages of manufacturing, implement quality escalation process and on-going product improvement with partners.
Tools and technologies used in this role:
• Windows, MAC, Android, and iOS operating systems
• Various multimeters and voltage measuring tools.
• Bluetooth, Wifi, minor networking(home router configurations) VPN, Faraday cages/boxes
• JIRA or similar bug management database
• Confluence for project tracking
• Zoom or other video conferencing software
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science and 7-10 years experience
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation-driven by consumer insight. Under a number of different brands, the company offers PC peripherals; cases and keyboards for tablets; equipment for gamers; mobile speakers and earphones for music and sports enthusiasts; devices to make video collaboration simple in the workplace; and entertainment and control products for the home. Join our mission to help the world create, achieve and enjoy more!