Are you passionate about using technology to solve some of the toughest problems facing the largest companies and government agencies around the world? Do you value the deployment of solutions into production with real world impact? Are you obsessive about the quality and consistency of the work you do in leading teams to deliver value and meeting the mission of customers?
If so, the Project Manager position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our team of Project Managers comprises a mix of project management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer. We pride ourselves on our collaborative team culture, helping other team members to be successful, sharing our ideas and our work, and building upon others’ work.
As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
• Leading one or more teams at a time to successfully deliver on customer solutions
• Ensuring adherence to cost, schedule, and scope constraints by tracking budget and forecasts utilizing a formal Statement of Work (SOW)
• Working with the customer to manage the scope of an engagement and make adjustments throughout the course of the engagement
• Advocating adherence to industry standard processes
• Providing actionable coaching feedback to team members to foster continuous improvement in the spirit of a growth mindset
• Travel to customer sites will be required