We are now looking for a Senior Formal Verification Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced design/verification engineer with strong formal verification fundamentals to work in Nvidia’s multimedia team.
This position will have you crafting and optimizing formal verification flows across multiple IP teams/projects and resolving tool issues for design teams with tool vendors. Additionally, you'll verify the micro-architecture using formal verification tools to employ the latest model checking and equivalence checking techniques. You will be expected to understand the design & implementation, define the verification scope, and ensure design correctness. You will use advanced formal techniques to obtain full proofs, or sufficient bounded proofs, of the design while working with architects, designers, verification teams to accomplish your tasks. You must be capable of leading the formal verification effort, coordinating verification coverage across functional groups, and clearly conveying verification results and holes to our team.
What you'll be doing:
- The specification, implementation, and maintenance of an integrated end-to-end formal verification flow
- Interact with Vendors on tool-related issues and provide guidance for tool improvements.
- Guide and train team members on effective usage of FV tools.
- Developing scripts to automate the formal process.
- Review formal setups and proofs with design and verification teams.
- Identifying key behaviors for verification of DUT and creating a verification plan.
- Developing verification environment including environment assumptions, assertions and cover properties in the verification plan.
- Applying various FV techniques to prove correctness of digital designs.
What we need to see:
- Minimum of 3+ years of hand-on experience on formal techniques for verification.
- Strong problems solving capability.
- Good understanding of abstraction techniques for effective verification.
- Hands-on experience with Verilog / System Verilog
- Understanding of temporal logic assertions.
- Preferable experience with a variety of Formal Verification Tools (e.g. IFV, VC_STATIC)
- Strong communication skills
- Having experience in formal verification on CPU or security is a big plus.