At Plume, we push the boundaries of how people think of WiFi and the smart home experience. Plume today serves over 20 million households with cutting edge security, WiFi, IoT and home management technology and we are growing rapidly. Our home is in the heart of Silicon Valley and has offices around the globe. Those who seek the challenge and reward of a fast-paced environment and high bar for innovation will quickly feel at home within our team. As an employee, you can expect the same cutting-edge approach to flexibility, organization, and benefits in your everyday life. Help us design thoughtful tools for people to take control of the technology in their homes, allowing them to connect in new and exciting ways.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and collaborative SW Engineering Program Manager to join the Plume Engineering team. The position is full-time and is based in Taiwan.
What You Will Do
- Lead multiple simultaneous projects or programs that are complex
- Develop recovery strategies for those that stray from their plan while being part of the collaborative, and fun loving team at a rapidly growing organization
- Design, build and maintain the project plan including scope, schedule and risk management
- Drive execution and demonstrate end to end ownership of complex, technical programs to successful completion
- Deliver executive communication and drive the decision-making process
- Manage stakeholder and team communications and updates
- Monitor progress to plan and design a recovery strategy if project deviates from baseline plan
Who You Are
- BS degree (or relevant/industry standard experience to match)
- Must have strong technical background and Hands on experience in software development.
- Able to think strategically and tactically and to build consensus to make programs successful.
- 5+ years’ experience managing fast-paced agile software projects for consumer electronic products with aggressive schedule
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Understanding of the following:
●WiFi and Ethernet networking
●IPv4 and IPv6 networking
●General Linux knowledge
●Linux programming in C
●Linux WiFi management
- Strong preference for candidate transitioned from lead development into Program Management
- Linux kernel and user space services/application
- Linux driver
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Jira
Plume is a start up company headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with >500 staff now in US, EU and Asia. Our offices are located in Palo Alto, Taiwan, Switzerland, Slovenia & Poland.
Plume develops and deploys cloud based control planes with scale to manage 30+ millions of customer homes through some of the world’s largest ISPs.
Plume cloud applications include WiFi network management and optimization, device access control, network provisioning, IoT security, and end customer user interaction through mobile apps. We are expanding our team and looking for talented individuals to help us define and drive the success of our cloud based service offering. Our focus is on the home market and we support B2B and B2C product offerings.
For more info, please visit our website.