You will contribute to the development effort for existing and future ProtonMail and ProtonVPN for Android devices. This includes interacting with our existing backend REST APIs, providing feedback based on mobile needs, and working with our web, backend, and server teams to build new features. You will also coordinate with our QA/Support team to analyze our Android apps and assist with debugging them.
- Proven experience in Android development, with sample apps you are proud of 4+ years of experience in software development with a strong command of OOP, data structures, and algorithms
- Working knowledge of RESTful web APIs and complex systems
- Knowledge of Git or other source control
- Fluent with Kotlin
- Experience with writing unit, integration and UI tests
Bonus points for
- Well-versed in IT security, with a good understanding of security best practices for mobile app development
- Created or worked on highly-rated apps in the Google Play Store with a large number of downloads
- Experience working with a large number of files and/or cloud storage technology
- Experience with Agile methodologies and processes
Please send an email to [email protected] explaining why you think you are fit for this role, and please include your English resume as an attachment.
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) by a team of researchers led by Taiwanese-American scientist Dr. Andy Yen. And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco and now also Taipei. Proton Taiwan was established in November 2019 to be a major new engineering office. We expect to expand rapidly from 10 employees to 100 employees over the next several years. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a better Internet that defends democracy.