At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come. Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
As an Automation QA Engineer, you will be:
- Working closely with the development team in order to improve the quality of our products.
- Ensuring best testing practices are used in product development.
- Designing, creating, running and maintaining manual and/or automated functional and non-functional tests.
- Converting manual test cases into automated tests to support manual testing efforts.
- Automating tests for different systems and devices (Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, web applications and etc.).
- Developing a test strategy for web and mobile products.
- Taking part into review of feature specifications and wireframes.
- Be independent and be capable to teach yourself.
- Eager to share knowledge and try new things.
- Be quality results-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle process.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver or alternatives (e.g. Cypress.io).
- Knowledge of API testing tools (e.g. Postman, Fiddler, or Charles Proxy).
- Experience in API and UI test automation.
Bonus points for:
- Understanding networking concepts.
- Experience in mobile testing is an advantage.
- API framework (e.g. Rest API)
- Security tools: OWASP ZAP
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
我們是一群想爭取線上公民自由權的科學家、工程師與開發人員。這是我們建立 ProtonMail 的原因，ProtonMail 是一個簡單易用的加密電子郵件服務，並提供內建端對端加密以及許多最新的安全功能。我們的目標是要建立一個尊重隱私的網際網路，並能安全地防範網路攻擊。
We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks. We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your data online. Our team combines deep mathematical and technical knowledge from the world's top research institutions with expertise in building easy to use user interfaces. Together, we are building the encrypted communication technologies of the future.