|What you will do|
- Design, build and maintain large-scale products.
- Write clear, tested, documented code that delivers real business value.
- Follow high engineering standards and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of server side technologies (e.g. PHP, Python, Golang, Node.Js)
- Previous experience in designing and building highly scalable systems
- Strong background in computer science (algorithms, data structure, software design, reliability, maintainability, etc)
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Strong English communication skills
Bonus points for
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from a programming point of view
- Extensive Linux experience
Please send an email to [email protected] explaining why you think you are fit for this role, and please include your English resume as an attachment.
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) by a team of researchers led by Taiwanese-American scientist Dr. Andy Yen. And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco and now also Taipei. Proton Taiwan was established in November 2019 to be a major new engineering office. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a better Internet that defends democracy.