At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
- Build scalable, reliable, and secure web applications
- Build complex front-end logic, caching, synchronization, performance optimization
- Write software to improve web app reliability (unit tests, automated testing)
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Initiate new web technologies that will make Proton better
- Work on internal abuse and spam dashboard
**Please apply for the position via https://careers.protonmail.com/o/antiabuse-engineer. Thank you!
- 3+ years experience of working on optimizing front end performance
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of TypeScript will be a plus
- Knowledge or experience in back-end software development and RESTful APIs will be a plus
我們是一群想爭取線上公民自由權的科學家、工程師與開發人員。這是我們建立 ProtonMail 的原因，ProtonMail 是一個簡單易用的加密電子郵件服務，並提供內建端對端加密以及許多最新的安全功能。我們的目標是要建立一個尊重隱私的網際網路，並能安全地防範網路攻擊。
We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks. We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your data online. Our team combines deep mathematical and technical knowledge from the world's top research institutions with expertise in building easy to use user interfaces. Together, we are building the encrypted communication technologies of the future.