What you will do
- Build scalable, reliable, and secure web applications
- Build complex front-end logic to handle encryption and decryption, caching, synchronization, performance optimization
- Write software to improve web app reliability (unit tests, automated testing)
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Initiate new web technologies that will make Proton better
- Work on ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive and ProtonMail products
- 3+ years experience of working with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Be product minded and committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or React.
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint.
- Knowledge or experience in back-end software development and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience with complex front-end projects, such as migrating a mature app from AngularJS to React.
Please send an email to [email protected] explaining why you think you are fit for this role, and please include your English resume as an attachment.
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) by a team of researchers led by Taiwanese-American scientist Dr. Andy Yen. And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco and now also Taipei. Proton Taiwan was established in November 2019 to be a major new engineering office. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a better Internet that defends democracy.