We are growing fast and we adding a new office location in Taipei. You will be joining a highly talented and fast-paced Customer Support team with a big impact on our global 24/7 operations.
What you will be doing:
● Communicate with users and provide technical solutions to their questions and issues.
● Develop and maintain positive user relations.
● Identify and gather information on user issues and communicate these issues promptly to the appropriate engineering teams.
● Provide recommendations on product development based on user needs.
● Continuously develop and optimize the content on the Customer Support Center.
● 1+ years of experience working in a technical support role.
● Experience working with or a good understanding of VPNs (Virtual Private Networks).
● Ability to distill complex ideas and processes into simple, understandable steps.
● Responsible, diligent, and proactive. You give meticulous attention to detail.
● Team player with excellent communication skills.
● Flexibility to cover various shifts. Weekend shifts will sometimes be required.
● Basic understanding of programming is considered a plus.
Please send an email to [email protected] explaining why you think you are fit for this role, and include your English resume as an attachment.
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) by a team of researchers led by Taiwanese-American scientist Dr. Andy Yen. And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco and now also Taipei. Proton Taiwan was established in November 2019 to be a major new engineering office. We expect to expand rapidly from 10 employees to 100 employees over the next several years. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a better Internet that defends democracy.