Our office in Taipei, established in 2019, is our newest location, and it will be the Proton hub in East Asia. This office will also be the home of a large contingent of our customer support team. We need to build the foundation for this team, and we are looking for experienced customer support specialists who want to play an important part in training new employees and nurturing team culture.
To be part of the first group of customer support specialists in our Taipei office, you will need to continuously interact with Proton employees around the world and communicate in English. So being comfortable speaking and writing in English is essential.
What will you do:
· Interact directly with Proton customers to answer their questions.
· Help resolve technical support questions from customers and maintain the high levels of customer support and satisfaction we are known for.
· Collaborate closely with our developers to improve Proton products based on customer feedback.
· Properly escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams (e.g., software developers).
· Help test web and mobile applications on a regular basis to ensure that only high-quality products are released to our customers.
<Please write to [email protected] explaining why you are a fit for this role, and include your English resume as an attachment.>
· Fluent in English (with excellent written communication skills)
· 3+ years experience in customer support
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
· Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
· You care about digital privacy and want to make a difference
· You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Experience with product testing (QA) is a plus
· BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field is a plus
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) by a team of researchers led by Taiwanese-American scientist Dr. Andy Yen. And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco and now also Taipei. Proton Taiwan was established in November 2019 to be a major new engineering office. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a better Internet that defends democracy.