• Design graphical user interface elements (e.g. menus, tabs, and widgets)
• Work with the design lead to develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how a function works and looks like.
• Keep track of the user manual for each software release
• Create original graphics designs (e.g. images, diagrams, and tables)
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness) with r/d team
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and r/d feedback
• Report to the design lead (in Santa Barbara, CA) remotely on a regular basis
Minimum qualifications: • Experience in building web/PC and mobile applications • Portfolio featuring examples of design work • Working knowledge of current design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, and Photoshop • Bachelor’s or college level professional degree in design-related disciplines, such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design. • Proficient in English reading/writing; conversational English proficiency preferred. Preferred qualifications: • 2+ years of application design, visual design or interaction design experience • Working knowledge of current prototyping tools such as Invision, Flinto, Principle. • Strategic product thinking and vision • Ability to synthesize complex information into simple and elegant design solutions • Demonstrate a user-empathy approach to design