|Synology's product developers create cutting edge products used by millions of users around the world. Our portfolio of data storage, networking, and surveillance products are powered by our own software solutions, giving us a unique edge in today's crowded market. We are looking for engineers that can make an impact, bringing in fresh ideas from different areas to help expand our team of high-energy developers.|
You'll be working closely with other developers and UI/UX designers on Synology's on-premises collaboration suite, solutions built for our security and privacy-conscious customers. Our productivity portfolio includes enterprise-focused document, spreadsheet, and slide collaborative editing suites, file management and synchronization solutions, plus shared calendars, contacts, communications services.
- Design and implement features within a defined performance envelope
- Conduct code review and provide constructive suggestions
- Work with designers and product managers to implement user interfaces
- Design, implement, and run tests through the automated CI system
- Perform performance tuning on both the user interface (front-end) and server side (back-end)
You'll fit right in if these describe you:
- You like solving difficult problems.
You are always looking for ways to make something better in unique and innovative ways. You aren't content to leaving things as-is. Life to you is a never-ending optimization or refactoring process.
- You work well collaboratively and when on your own.
Sometimes you'll be the superhero, sprinting through bugs and feature requests like an Olympic runner. Sometimes you understand that everyone needs to communicate and make compromises where necessary.
- You put yourself in the shoes of your users.
Understanding how people use our products drives you to create better user experiences, and you feel great about it.
You are expected to have:
- Prior experience in at least one of the following area:
Web application development
Desktop application development
Unix/Linux system & networking programming
Distributed and parallel systems
We're targeting candidates with:
- Proficiency in modern web development: ES6+, Webpack, CSS preprocessor
- Experience in working with WebAssembly, Node.js and native addons
- Experience in developing cross-platform desktop application with frameworks, e.g., Qt, Electron
- Experience in developing high concurrency and high throughput back-end services
- Experience in handling relational databases and NoSQL database e.g., PostgresSQL, SQLite, Redis
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
Please visit our career portal to apply for this position: http://sy.to/mwtok