Synology creates data storage infrastructure that serves as the foundation of other businesses. Data are critical to businesses in today's competitive market, and we deliver solutions that are used for keeping business endpoints online, storing customer information and flight data, and bleeding edge projects that are transforming traditional industries. We're looking for someone that can define our brand and our products through content.
As a copywriter on the Global Marketing Team, you will help lead a small team focused on writing and delivering accurate and effective marketing materials to your intended audience; businesses with over hundreds of employees. You will collaborate with other teams in order to identify what potential customers might want, then deliver our value proposition to them.
Your team will be:
- Developing and refining our webpage content to describe our latest products and solutions
- Collaborating with sales and other regional teams to create compelling success stories with our customers
- Working together with other marketing teams to create campaigns that raise awareness for Synology and our solutions
- Crafting well-timed, interesting and informative articles for our blogs, social media, and newsletters
- Defining how we present ourselves to our business and enterprise customers through wording, tone, and marketing perspectives
You'll fit right in if some of these describe you:
- You might have your own "lab" at home.
You are no stranger to rolling your own firewall or media server. You are passionate about trying new things out and understand that sometimes the best way to learn is to experiment and get your hands dirty.
- You are a storyteller.
Your team might not be able to wield the flashiest of taglines or slogans, but you understand that everything has a place and time. You can craft interesting stories, with just the right mix of technical depth and marketing allure. You know which mediums are most suitable to interest a seasoned system admin and what might persuade the that company's procurement approver.
- You work well with others.
Some projects are just too big or involve many people. You must be able to work well with your team, using available communications and collaborative tools to increase everyone's efficiency.
- You enjoy challenges.
Not all projects fit comfortably on your plate, but you'll deliver high quality work nevertheless. Whether it is through good time management skills, inspiring your team to work harder, or negotiating with other teams, you can deal with tough deadlines, difficult topics, and anything that management throws at you. (Usually reasonable, don't worry)
- You find motivation and pride in your work.
You will be defining how the public sees Synology. Whether it’s the script for that YouTube video, or the brand new webpage for that product launch, your work is featured prominently to millions of potential customers, not to mention existing ones.
You are expected to have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English (previous writing experience is a plus)
- Basic Mandarin communication skills (reading/writing optional).
- 3 years of experience in Marketing, PR, or copywriting work
We're targeting candidates with:
- Experience in IT/technology fields
- Leadership experience
Please visit our career portal to apply for this position: https://career.synology.com/en-global/HQ/position/27