|At Synology, we put our users first. From personal/performance NAS to enterprise-class NAS and networking products, we build products that help our users organize their data and make it accessible anytime anywhere. |
The UX team’s mission is to define the user experiences of our software products to help our users accomplish the tasks they want to do not only easily but also pleasantly. We are looking for a user experience designer who is able to clearly define the target users of the products and the problems we need to solve. We care not only about how our products should look, but also what they will achieve. The UX team works closely with our software developers, PM, and UI designers from brainstorming the next great innovation, wireframe design to usability tests to deliver products that our users will love.Responsibilities include:
1. Translate user needs and business requirements into features and functionality for our software products, that include web, desktop, and mobile apps.
2. Design flows and experiences that are simple and intuitive.
3. Communicate concepts and work closely with several cross-functional teams on design research and development activities.
4. Develop UX documentation (i.e. use cases, wireframes, conceptual models, user interaction flow diagrams, page schematics, and/or prototypes.)
5. Usability testing and analysis.
6. Give and seek feedback from other designers or teams in order to continually raise the quality of our products.
1. Backelor’s degree or equivalent in HCI, Interaction Design, or other relevant fields. In lieu of degree, 1+ years of experience in application interaction and website flow design.
2. Having passion in experimenting, designing and enhancing user experiences, and willing to try any possibility and to understand the demands from different domains.
3. Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Must be able to articulate design decisions and rationale to non-design peers.
4. Talented in visual and human interface design for software applications, including desktop, web, and mobile apps.
5. Understanding of user-centered design principles; familiarity with usability research methods.
6. Please bring a portfolio that demonstrates your Interaction Design skills along with your process and thinking to the interview.
Please visit our career portal to apply for this position: https://sy.to/w04ex