As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. The ideal candidate would be passionate about building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
· Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems
· Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
· Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Experience in embedded development experience in C/C++, and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
· Experience with writing low-level drivers interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
· Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
· Experience with one or more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or WiFi
· Experience in firmware development and testing of battery-powered products
· Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system
· Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
· Experience with software testing (unit, regression, and system testing)
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
· Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
· Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus
· Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
· Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Terminal 1 is a tech recruitment startup that combines engineers with recruiters to transform the way technical hiring is done globally. We're passionate about recruiting talent and building great things together. Innovation is the backbone of our business. We're using automation to increase our sourcing efficiencies, customised technical assessments to improve candidate quality and industry experience to enhance the cultural fit.