The Yahoo Search group is about providing the right information to the right people at the right time; whether the user is looking for the perfect gift, the perfect restaurant, or the perfect answer to one of life’s many questions. Our portfolio includes products from Yahoo Search to Yahoo Answers and all the backend systems that gather, process, and refine the myriad data points of our digital lives to make Yahoo Search the best, and most personalized, experience in the Search space for our users. We provide Advertising & Search solutions for our partners and advertisers across many of the Yahoo products that users use on a daily basis to bring the best value in connecting people with the data that they want.
A Little About Us
Yahoo Search Production (DevOps) Engineering is a unique function that it resolves production environment and operations challenges as if they are software problems. We strive to delight hundreds of millions of daily search users with highly scalable and reliable environment. We work to make sure that they are able to get what they want when they want it. We work closely with the rest of the business unit - Product, Development, Testing and Business teams - to support our goals of providing the best Search experiences in the industry. We integrate with the entire product lifecycle so as to be able to provide support for the agility that is requisite in this industry. In this we are responsible for service quality, performance and delivery to the Yahoo users across the globe. We leverage industry standards and best practices in order to achieve these high standards.
A Lot About You
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver the new and better experiences to our users while ensuring reliability and performance of the Search services. You are the type of person who will jump in to debug and fix things, multitasks and context-switches well. You have strong understanding of best practices across a variety of disciplines including: Web Operation, System Administration, Release management, Performance Engineering and Network Operations.
- Maintain and support production systems and their associated infrastructure and tools.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand the product and technical roadmap and manage impact to the operability of systems.
- Provide in-depth and timely solutions to complex technical issues, related to both site-up issues and product improvements.
- Maintain and improve the availability, performance, scalability and efficiency of the services by implementing monitoring, automation, redundancy, capacity and business-continuity planning.
- Work closely with Quality and Release Engineering teams to facilitate release pipelines and enable the continuous deployment
- Participation in on-call pager rotation