At Vyond, our mission is to put the power of video in the hands of everyone. Vyond allows people of all skill levels in all industries and job roles to create dynamic and powerful media. With features that go beyond moving text and images, you can build character-driven stories or compelling data visualizations that engage audiences and deliver results.
Founded as GoAnimate in 2007, Vyond has helped Global 2000 organizations, small businesses, and individuals produce their own videos easily and cost-effectively. Since its inception, the Company has served over 12 million registered users on six continents who have created more than 30 million videos.
With offices in Silicon Valley, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, Vyond employs a team of people whose creativity extends well beyond our office walls. We are passionate about the power of video and how it makes the static dynamic and transforms the mundane into the captivating.
VYOND™ is a trademark of GoAnimate, Inc.
Data Scientist / Lead Product Data Analyst assists the Senior Manager, Data & Growth in product research and development. The candidate will focus on product data quality. S/he will work closely with a Product Data Analyst and support various functional teams with insights gained from analyzing product and user behavioral data. The role is to use large data sets to find opportunities for product optimization and to apply models to evaluate product design and predict user behavior. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering insights hidden in large data sets and actively working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Role & Responsibilities
- Protect the credibility and reliability of data, information should be gathered using accepted data collection techniques with privacy compliance.
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, from designing research problems, wrangling data, developing statistical models, and to communicate findings to non-technical colleagues.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine how to use product data to evaluate product design and create valuable business solutions.
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets and discover opportunities in datasets to support decision-making.
- Apply scientific methods to understand product design and the possible causal links to user behavior.
- Search for ways to get new data sources and assess their accuracy.
- Create custom data models and algorithms.
- Develop processes, techniques, and tools to analyze and monitor model performance and data accuracy.
- Specification for data collection based on the product design.
- Detailed plan for the execution o f a research project with the breakdown of subsequent phases, methodology, parameters, and effort estimation.
- Production-scaled model prototype with detailed analysis of model results.
- Regular updates to stakeholders.
- Master / Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Management Information Systems, Bioinformatics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Min 3 years’ solid experiences on using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to process data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Working knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Strong data cleaning and validating skills to ensure data quality for exploration, understanding, and modelling.
- Able to demonstrate capability for original research, the curiosity to uncover promising solutions to new problems, and the persistence to carry your ideas through to an end goal.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to details and a focus on quality and innovation.
- Knowledge of GDPR and ISO 27001 compliance on data governance, privacy, and information security is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to promote cross-team collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Able to learn on the fly, be curious about the latest trends, and master new technologies.
- Fluent in English is a must, Cantonese proficiency is desirable.