Project Management, Reporting, Documentation, Training, Standards Compliance, ITIL
Systems Design and Process Improvement
Unix (AIX, Linux, SuSE, Solaris, HP-UX) and Windows
Apache, Web Design, HTML/CSS, Windows, Unix Shell, Perl Scripting, MSSQL, MySQL, DB2/UDB
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville / Computer Information Systems 1989 – 1992
Cisco DCMDS - MDS 9000 Series
System Center Operations Manager 2012
Comprehensive UNIX experience installing, patching, and scripting on AIX 5.3, 6.1, 7.1; Solaris 5.8/5.9; Linux (RHEL6/7, SuSE). This includes application management such as WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat, and the LAMP stack.
Extensive Storage/SAN experience managing IBM XiV, DS, and v-Series; HP 3PAR/P2000; TinTri Hybrid; EMC CX; NetApp storage on Brocade 5300.
Document Storage and Management on Imation (Nexsan) Assureon CAS
Administration of VMWare Linux and Windows Server VMs
Server and Storage Monitoring management with tools such as Solarwinds, Cacti, Webtrends, Thunderstone, Stor2RRD, LPAR2RRD.
Technical Analyst - Capacity Planning
Team Focal – Storage Systems Analyst
IBM Systems Engineer supporting AIX and related hardware and software such as iScsi attached storage, IBM N3700 & N3300, TSM on x3650 SuSE Linux backup solution and AIX.
• Successfully lead project for IBM/Wal-Mart helpdesk call-center move.
• Documentation of primary supported systems as well as training new hires.
• Communicated current and ongoing issues to management.
• Supported IBM TSM backup solution running SuSE Linux in over 140+ remote sites.
• Supported IBM N3700, N3300, N5200 iScsi
attached storage in over 400+ remote sites.
Lead Server Engineer
Design, implement, and maintain systems to meet various business needs. Primary systems analyst for JB Hunt Web, Call Center, and VoIP environments.
• Project lead in a Proof of Concept project on server consolidation by implementing a VMWare virtual-server solution paving the way for J.B. Hunt VMWare implementation.
• Documentation of Primary supported systems.
• Developed install processes for supported systems to decrease downtime in event of system failure.
• Recommended and received budget approval for updated Call Center server environment integrating Windows 2003 Servers, BEA Weblogic Web servers and backend DB2/UDB databases.
• Played key role in the upgrades of several corporate Windows and AIX systems.
• Coordination of technical issues involving network, hardware, and operating systems (IBM AIX, Windows 2000/2003 Server) in an EMC SAN environment.
• Supported in-house written applications connected to DB2 and Sybase databases.
• Provide recommendations to Team Leads, Managers, and Directors on current and future technologies.
• Ability to meet deadlines on time with
high-visibility projects involving cross-platform applications developed
in-house by various teams.
Primary AIX administrator for systems running Load Assignment and Optimization software for the entire JB Hunt fleet of 12,000+ trucks/trailers.