My name is Eric, and I am a Statistical Programmer who has a 1.5 years worth of experience in backend operations.
In my last workplace I have developed an algorithm that changed the schema of a database to ones more suited to our hospital's doctors' needs.
- SAS Programming, R, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Linux, Docker, Flask(Python), Bioinformatics
- Fluent English (TOEIC score 990/990)
- Fluent Mandarin
- Intermediate Japanese
- Developed a text parsing tool utilizing VBA to assist the data entry and logging duties of the nurses
- Developed a Windows Powershell script to confirm which personnel have not received vaccinations.
- Developed an algorithm that changed the schema of the database to one more easily utilized by the doctors.
o Utilized SQL and SAS to develop the algorithm for patients’ sonogram, blood and urine test results and comorbidities
- Developed the data analysis code for the award-winning paper “Impact of Dietary Intake of Sodium and Potassium on Short-term Blood Pressure Variability”
o Ran GEE analyses, logistic regressions and post-hoc analyses on dietary sodium data to investigate its effect on SBP and DBP during different times of day.
- Led student assistants’ data gathering duties in their specific fields for a Ministry of Education Project – “Community Empowerment: Developing and Aging in Place Integrated Services”
- Facilitated communications between the professors, staff, students and community center personnel
- Achieved the first yearly goals and secured funding for the second and third year of the project and established SOPs for the execution of tasks before leaving the job
- Focused on Biostatistics and Epidemiology (STATA and R programming)