I have approximately 17 years of experience working mainly in the IT-ERP sector, strongly focused on the Finance and Procurement domains and on the implementation of robust business processes.
My passion lies in bringing disruption with a touch of technology to simplify the operation of the organizations I work for.
September 2021 - Present
• Leading the implementation of the ERP Oracle Netsuite.
• Project Manager - overall coordination of the project from an operational perspective.
• Implementation of new organizational processes aligned with the ERP configuration.
• Designing the solution architecture for the integration with ION Reval TMS (payments, statements, cash forecasting and liquidity planning, deal booking and reporting), Anaplan, Tableau, Bitpanda's exchange databases, and Amazon Redshift.
• Design and build the payment factory, leveraging ISO 20022, redesign and optimizing the processes.
June 2020 - August 2021
• Business Analyst responsible for the optimization of the usage of the AIPS system in the Division of Budget and Finance, and providing technical expertise, guidance and assistance related to Oracle ERP, EPM and BI suites.
• Evaluation of current business processes, studying ways and promoting initiatives to make improvements, increase productivity, create efficiencies, reduce costs and effectively transition to digital.
Create documentation outlining the processes, incorporating the pain points, opportunities for improvements and initiatives, risks and controls, compliance, quality, and other dimensions relevant to business.
• Oversee the implementation process and conduct ongoing analysis for continuous improvement.
Provide expert advice and guidance to the functional areas in the Budget and Finance division on all aspects of the IAEA’s ERP system, known as the Agency-wide Information System for Programme Support (AIPS) to ensure the most efficient and effective use and other related IT applications in the division.
July 2015 - June 2020
• Provide functional application and business expertise to support the Agency in its various business domains: Finance (including Payables, Payments, Receivables, Treasury, Cash Management, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Payroll and Sub-ledger Accounting), Procurement (Sourcing, Contracts and Purchasing), Master Data (Customers, Suppliers, Banks, Contacts), Travel and Events (Staff and Non-Staff), Budget (Forecast and Planning), Programme and Project Management (Projects and Grants Management).
• Implementation of features related to the Internal Controls framework, such as segregation of duties, role-based access, tailoring the responsibilities, auditability, monitoring and ensuring compliance.
• Maintain the configuration of the ERP (Oracle eBusiness Suite R12), EPM (Oracle Hyperion / Oracle Planning and Budget Cloud Services) and BI (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition), provide support, design solutions, and ensure quality and smooth management of change throughout the whole process.
• Working closely with business counterparts in the pursuit of efficiencies and opportunities for optimization of processes and solutions.
August 2005 - July 2015
• Senior Functional Oracle ERP Consultant (Oracle eBusiness Suite and Cloud ERP), responsible for the execution and delivery of projects during all phases.
• Experience has been acquired from intense exposure to multiple and diverse environments and challenges. I have worked in several industries (Public Sector and NGOs, construction, distribution, financial services, telecommunications, manufacturing, among others) and in different geographies (Europe, Middle East and North America), and have covered the full cycle of ERP implementations (from pre-sales to delivery, training, support, rollout and upgrade), promoted transition to digital and aligned technology and business processes.
• Project and team management, following PRINCE2 best practices and AIM/OUM methodologies.
Lead internal projects/initiatives such as those related to country specific legal requirements: SAFT (Standard Audit File for Tax Purposes) and Portuguese Billing Certification.
Other relevant projects include:
• Full cycle ERP implementations at OCP Portugal (distribution), Grupo Lena (construction), BIC Graphic USA (manufacturing);
• Support the development and maintenance of Oracle Consulting solutions for the Public Sector and Localizations;
• Support, upgrade, migration and rollout of ERP at NATO ACO/NCIA and ILO.
June 2004 - June 2005
• Acted as a bridge between IT and Finance departments in the development of a BI solution for the whole house.
• BI solution consisted of SAS software, middleware tools, and Oracle database. Sources of data consisted of mainly SAP (Finance) and custom-developed products (production, claims, contracts, etc.).
Currently working on the Master's thesis with the subject 'Adoption of ISO 20022' of the development of a system-agnostic solution to efficiently address the complex technical and operational issues related to global payments.
2018 - 2022
2002 - 2003
1996 - 2003