Robotic Assembly Line Commission
• Performed safety checks on Kuka and Fanuc robots for automobile assembly lines commission.
• Reduced redundancy within the commissioning process internationally by automating the commission pipeline for Kuka robots.
• Assisted the PLC team by creating a custom code in Kuka Workvisual to communicate with the spot welding controller.
(Note: Left the company due to visa expiration.)
Research and Development
• Develop a vision-based robot deburring system using the Keyence camera and UR5 robot.
• Design and prototype a soft gripper for universal object picking tasks.
Industrial Robot Cell Integration
• Integrate Fanuc robots to CNC machines for material handling. The integration includes I/O mapping, sensor integration, and HMI design.
• Simulate automation sequence and robot path using Roboguide and RoboDK.
• Deliver robust programs for controlling robot trajectory and peripheral signal handling.
• Compile thorough documentation for operation, and maintenance.
ARM X Boeing: Simulator for Robot Composite Layup
• Created a data collecting system using Ensenso N10 stereo camera, OpenCV, and Point Cloud library to capture composite sheet deformation data.
• Built a simulator to simulate composite sheet behavior using OpenGL and a physics library, VegaFEM.
• Designed a machine learning infrastructure for training the simulator to automate the layup process using robotic manipulators.
• Published a paper regarding the simulator in the Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering as the first author.
Yaskawa: CAD Based Robot Programming Interface
• Partnered with Yaskawa to develop a user-friendly robot programming interface for users without prior knowledge of robots.
• Realized CAD-to-Path programming with ROS to make the robot follow complex paths with the freedom of changing tools and contact angles.
Mechanical Engineering - Advanced Manufacturing, 2018 ~ 2020
Mechanical Engineering, 2013 ~ 2017