Linux DevOps Engineer
Several years experience working inside DevOps environments running Java and Python applications on Red Hat variants of the GNU/Linux OS. Solid communication and technical writing skills used for catering to any developer need for deploying and maintaining applications as well as articulating information back to management leaders. Comfortable taking on new challenges, and adept at collaborating with colleagues on complex projects. Infrastructure management experience with Ansible, Puppet, MS Active Directory, VMware vSphere, and NetApp FAS storage systems.
Recently I have been closely involved with deploying and maintaining different OpenStack environments. I have also invested a lot of time getting familiar with Python and trying to write readable and reusable code.
Currently a member of a fully-remote 15-person DevOps-focused team who are maintaining Cisco's public cloud offering based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 6 running on RHEL 7, automated with Puppet 3.6 and orchestrated with Ansible. Standups done daily over WebEx, using Slack for the primary communication medium.
OpenStack Juno on CentOS (Mirantis), Ceph storage, HP compute, Juno MX
(edge routing), HP Comware (switching). Fully-remote, monthly office
visits. Company was restructured due to loss of funding.
CentOS, vSphere 5.5, NetApp (NFS), Puppet, Active Directory, HP hardware
Member of a 15-person team responsible for maintaining several environments containing development and production applications and databases. Production environment consists of roughly 400 physical servers across 3 co-located datacenters. Majority of applications are Java. RDBMS is MySQL, in a master/slave hierarchy. NoSQL is MongoDB. RabbitMQ is used for messaging. Environment is very DevOps focused. During the last two yeas of my time here, my focus was on virtualization, storage, and compute.
* Participated in a 24/7 on call rotation
* Virtualization environment is vSphere 5.5 with NFS datastores and mostly HP BL460c blade systems
* Storage environment is NetApp FAS systems presenting NFS to vSphere and virtual machines
* Helped maintain FAS2240-2, 3270, 3250, and 8040 systems.
* Closely worked with developers in order to craft infrastructure to allow applications to perform as efficiently as possible
* Configuration management done by Puppet with a platform/hostrole hierarchy
* Held large role in helping design co-located datacenter spaces with major providers, including compute and storage decisions, as well as maintaining relationships with VARs