Kiwanis CRAIG HOCKENBERRY
Tuesday, May 3rd 2016
CRAIG HOCKENBERRY THREE RIVERS SUPERINTENDENT
Good Afternoon everyone. CRAIG HOCKENBERRY
I would like to thank start by thanking Ohio 6th division of the Kiwanis for recognizing these remarkable students and all of the individual clubs for reaching out to these great high schools and finding these outstanding students.
I would also like to thank all of the parents and guardians.
Raising children is one of the most difficult, yet most important jobs in the world and it is obvious you have done a great job.
Congratulations to all the students for their accomplishments. Your family and your school communities must be extremely proud.
When you’re asked to say a few words to such great role models and future leaders like yourself it is expected that one should give advice.
So let me do just that…
How about 5 quick little tips for you as you all continue your path on becoming successful positive leaders in your career, community, and throughout your life. CRAIG HOCKENBERRY
Just five…Here you go
1. Finish strong-Not just high school, but finish strong in everything you do. Whether it is a paper in college, sports, a game, commitment you made—Finish strong in everything you do.
2. Live in the moment and enjoy it! Every day I see youngsters so worried about what happens on social media, texting their friends, facetiming, and talking on the phone that they don’t even have time to care about what is going on right in front of them. Live in the moment. Put down your phone.
3. Be at your very best at your darkest moments: Some of the most successful and passionate people I know have a trait I admire so much. When things are at their worst, they are at their very best. During those difficult times summon everything you have, stay focused, and be at your very best. CRAIG HOCKENBERRY CINCINNATI
4. Have a Growth mindset; every day is about getting better. I once had a football coach that told us when you are through improving, you are through. Don’t ever be through! Think of Olympic athletes; they are the best at what they do, but they train harder and harder every day. Think about scienctist, inventors, doctors…Always, always, always growing and getting better.
5. . Be good to people; as simple as this sounds Be Good to people. CRAIG HOCKENBERRY
So, just remember to finish strong, live in the moment, be at your very best at your darkest moments, have a growth mindset, and always, always, be good to people.
I’d again like to thank the students, parents, and the incredible people of the Kiwanis Clubs here in Cincinnati and across the nation.
CRAIG HOCKENBERRY CINCINNATI