Video content is in demand from many clients in today's digital age. Even more, there are a variety of video editions to do, such as short films, marriages, live events, advertisements, and so on. While videographers are in large demand, what makes a good videographer?
🔎 Fact: There are several characteristics that make a good videographer, but those are among the most significant: creativity, passion, the ability to work under pressure and deadlines, effective and efficient communication, and of course, video editing skills.
How to convey such skills as a video creator for job searching? This article will guide you through the most important elements for crafting the best videographer resume.
What to know before writing a videographer resume?
A videographer resume can be done in a short amount of time, but there are a few things to know beforehand. First of all, it is vital to learn the main differences between a CV and a resume.
✍🏻 Note: In several parts of Australia, North America, and Asia, a videographer CV is often used for job searching.
Moreover, a videographer CV can be made up of several pages outlining your whole professional and academic life, and it is largely used for research positions. On the other hand, a videographer resume is usually the go-to document for job applications.
Nowadays, sending your videographer resume is not as simple as before. Just like new ways of video editions come and replace old ways of editing, job application procedures have had their due changes in this modern world.
Here are some points to know for crafting a spotless videographer resume.
💡 Tailor the videographer resume to the job description.
Altering a videographer resume for a specific job gives your resume a better chance to be read. It shows that you spent the time to make a unique videographer resume for the hiring company. Moreover, this also increases the chances to pass the Applicant Tracking System.
💡 Make a videographer resume that passes the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a software tool many employers use to screen job applications. If your videographer resume is not ATS-friendly, it will not pass the system and will likely be ignored. Avoid this by using relevant keywords found in the job posting and craft your videographer resume with a text-based format.
💡 Explore videographer resume templates and examples online.
It’s always a good idea to take a look at some videographer resume samples and adopt elements you find useful into your resume.
💡 Quantify results on the videographer resume.
Achievements and performances that are measurable and quantifiable in a videographer resume prove you are capable of undertaking the role as a video creator, such as number of video views.
💡 Add an extra resume section.
A standard videographer resume contains skills, work experience, and education. You can include an additional section if you think it will increase your chances to be seen. Some examples are: awards, professional associations, volunteering, speeches, etc.
Example of an Extra Section in a Videographer Resume:
- Guest speaker on photography at NewMedia International Conference in 2019.
- Teacher assistant at Loyola University for the following courses: Multimedia Production, Introduction to Radio and Television.
How to craft a videographer resume objective?
A resume objective is a brief paragraph that displays your career aspirations with your top skills or qualifications. As it describes the type of job or industry you aim for and the skills you want to enhance, a videographer resume objective is best for freshers or career changers.
Elements to take into account when crafting a videographer resume objective:
Videographer Resume Objective Examples
- Energetic video content creator with 2 years of experience in creating quality work. Skilled in teamwork, social marketing, and graphic designing. Familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Seeking to further my expertise at ABC Lab and help create content for events and promotional videos.
- Creative content creator familiar with shooting videos and capturing photos to the next level with the most up-to-date technology. Aiming to further my portfolio at Exxo Software and contribute to their commercial videos.
- Videographer with 2 years of experience in multimedia production. Skilled in video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, and Cinema 4D. Seeking to learn from industry experts by joining VV animation.
How to craft a videographer resume summary?
A videographer resume summary is the opening of your resume aiming to draw employers into diving deeper into your experience.
Here are some elements to take into account when making a videographer resume summary:
👍 Highlight most relevant skills for the position
Based on your present qualifications, display the top skills you consider to be the best in the resume summary, such as video softwares.
👍 Emphasize experience from past jobs
Briefly detail your past roles and what type of works you are familiar with as a video creator.
👍 List your strengths
Based on your skills and past experience, describe your strengths when it comes to creating multimedia content.
Videographer Resume Summary Examples:
- Experienced video creator with 6+ years of experience in shooting, editing, and publishing videos and photos. Familiar with the fashion industry and working environments. Proven track record of interviewing staff and clients for content creation, as well as in working with internal teams, suppliers, and contractors. Skilled in making compelling and thought-provoking written content for marketing strategies.
- Seasoned videographer with 5+ years in creating and leading digital content strategies. Excellent communication skills and collaboration with the team to deliver quality work. Proven track record of creating a wide range of digital content, such as social media posts, clients’ stories, and product support videos. Able to execute with tight deadlines. Proficient in Adobe CC programs, making story narratives, shot designation, and lightning set up.
Freelance Videographer Resume Summary Example:
- Passionate video editor with 7 years of experience in video designs with multiple creative teams. Specialized in creating high-end commercial production. Ensured each project done represented the company’s value without losing overall brand identity. Skilled in communicating with other teams and always keeping track of new digital trends.
CakeResume provides the right videographer resume templates & formats for you to showcase skills and experiences. Sign up to create and download the best videographer resume now for FREE!
How to add skills in a videographer resume?
Content creation professionals count on a lot of skills, especially technical skills. If you’re working on a freelance videographer resume, client-facing skills are also worth mentioning.
Here are some skill examples for a videographer resume:
- Graphic Design
- Camara Setup
- Video Editing
- Adobe Products
- Lighting Setup
- Work Under Pressure
- Good Attitude
Now it’s time to choose a format for a videographer resume skills section.
There are 2 ways you can use to list skills in a videographer resume:
5 tips for crafting a videographer resume with no experience
✅ Make use of a videographer resume objectives.
A resume objective is preferred for career changers and freshers making a videographer resume, since a resume summary focuses on experience.
✅ Craft a videographer cover letter.
A videographer resume is usually accompanied by a cover letter. A cover letter for a videographer is used in order to give employers a better idea about yourself as a candidate.
You can describe your motivation for the job or introduce video projects that aren’t included in the resume.
✅ Show your academic qualifications.
The education section in a videographer resume is important in order for recruiters to learn more about your academic background and knowledge, especially if you are new to videography.
If you don’t have a related degree, any form of videography or photography courses or training can also be listed.
✅ Choose the right videographer resume format.
There are four types of format for a videographer resume, including chronological, functional, combination, and targeted format. Since you lack work experience, choosing a functional format would be the best choice for your videographer resume.
With this format, you can present your videography skills and describe each skill in detail without having to list any job positions.
✅ Add a portfolio/website.
Portfolios are crucial for videographers. Through actually seeing your work samples, employers can get a better idea of your work that a videographer resume may not be able to provide.
After all, a videographer must be better at videos than words.
Videographer Resume Sample (Text format)
Seasoned Videographer Who Has Worked In 200+ Video Productions
Mobile: (+8) 002-9277
Email: [email protected]
Passionate video editor with 6 years of experience creating both video and photography work. Specialize in creating content for the real-estate industry. Experienced in creating video tours of properties and promoting real estate agents through creative and innovative multimedia production. Able to adapt to shooting activities on short notice and capable of meeting tight deadlines.
YourHome Real Estate
Mar. 2018- Mar. 2020
- Conducted over 100+ video productions in footage on real-estate properties for clients.
- Operated in all technical aspects of production, such as lighting setup, audio equipment, and post-production.
- Collaborated with colleagues and kept the organization’s focus to provide the best work for client satisfaction.
HeavenClouds Real Estate
Jan. 2015 - Feb. 2018
- Adapted skills learned from senior team members and shot content based on the company’s methods of filming and editing.
- Conducted stages of production, including pre-production, scheduling, asset delivery, and post-production on over 120 projects.
- Filmed a wide range of real-estate video content which reached 1m+ audience in total.
2010– 2014, Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies
New York University
- Adobe collection
- Time management
- Decision making
- Lighting setup
- Drone flying
- Work under pressure
--- Originally written by José J. Rosales ---