CakeResume Job Search
Use the APP to find jobs.
CS Professional with 12+ years of experience translating customer requirements into products and services. I strive for cloud adoption and I am constantly looking for ways to share my knowledge and experience on how to reduce risks and maximize returns on technological challenges.
Discipline and Perseverance beat Intelligence.
User Interface design
- At Xapo, I oversee and implement end-to-end solutions for the Risk Team. I have contributed to architect and implement dashboards that process hundreds of daily operations that need manual review from risk analysts with complex resolution trees. To accomplish that, I have incorporated in the workflow: Tech designs, automation, streamlined frontend testing, components, automation and containers, among others. I work hand in hand with backend developers and DevOps to design and implement APIs, database schemas and Cloud best practices. Tools and frameworks that I use on a daily/weekly basis: React (ES6/7), Design systems, AWS lambdas (node and Python), Cloudfront, MySQL, Webpack, Flask, Node.js, Git, bash.
- Designed and implemented the UI that enabled the marketplace to sell domains as a product by using third party integrations with providers like GoDaddy.
- Architected components and UIs to handle the migration of thousands of users to the platform.
- Contributed on the implementation of a strategy to attract more leads to the platform using Java components.
- Mentored junior engineers and helped them become more productive and confident.
- Actively participated in code reviews and provided feedback to fellow engineers by using clear examples of potential enhancements.
- Provided streamlined UIs for product integrations with Google and Microsoft using js.
- Increased the code coverage to go above 80% on every tasked implementation or refactor.
- Actively participated on API design and implementation (mostly REST with SpringMVC).
- Implemented React components for internal tools as well as stub servers for testing.
- Propose modernizing the UI architecture implemented in Backbone to transition to React-Redux.
- Introduced babel to allow testing the core internal frontend framework using ES6
- Contributed implementing the Billing Management UI of one of the most prominent Telco and media companies in Australia. From customer requirements to supporting the launch to production. - Crafted reusable components for several sections of the platform using Java, Backbone and MarionetteJS. - Improved and cleaned the SASS codebase decoupling styles making them reusable. - Enhanced multi-browser support. - Advocated for code readability and extensibility. - Created the first responsive layout to handle customer registrations for a big Telco marketplace in Germany. - Helped stabilize and minimize the bug count for European and APAC customers like Swisscom, Spark, Elisa, Telia, Telstra, Globe and Deutsche Telekom. - Improved internal Analytics UI - Contributed with the i18n of the marketplace.
Collaborated on the front-end architecture of the company Business Process Management flagship product, for the iPad web application. Delivered high quality mock-ups and prototyped the web application with functional features and strong focus on mobile. Worked side by side with the back-end team to implement data access via REST services using .NET technologies. Worked closely with the design team to integrate, optimize and deliver state-of-the-art prototypes using JS, jQuery, HTML5 and CSS3. Embraced scrum agile methodology to set new levels of productivity, give fast response to customer needs and stay focused. Avoided micromanagement by being proactive and communicate effectively with the team staying synchronized all times. Researched, introduced and implemented proofs of concept with new technologies. Helped enhance the product UX and UI by applying the principles of responsive web design and approaching the application as the end user.